ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear main sealing, a guide?

172 ph1
i am doing a MAJOR service on the 172 inc cambelt,dephaser,waterpump,crankpulley, all seals,clutch. am wondering whether i need to undo the main cap or just pump some dirko in , and also is sealant ok for crank case cover timing side as i can not source a gasket

thanks in advance

172 ph1
cheers no problem retourquing the old bearing i take it ? , you dont happen to know the part number for the gasket on its own do you

No problem atall. You are supposed to renew the main bolts, but I've done it on my own car without renewing with no issues when it was boosted. The gasket itself it's part of he kit and not available seperately.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Just a quick follow up on this, do you need to use sealant on the crank case cover too? There's a gasket in my kit, but want to make sure I'm not going to miss anything :)

172 ph1
I didn't end up using the gasket just used grey silocone high temp sealant DIRKO, as that was what I removed