ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear fog indicator go on when I brake

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi
I saw that while I driving and then brake (every time I put my foot on a brake pedal) the rear fog light indicator blink for a half of second. It only blink once every time I start to brake.
Turn on or off lights not change anything.
May be the sensor behind the brake pedal ?

Does somebody knows what the problem is ?
http://www.smebo.co.uk/ims/pic.php?u=80mMlZT&i=3365

Car - Clio 172 MK2 2003
Thanks
Lior

CB600FS
Clean the earth for the rear light units, also clean up and WD40 your block plugs going to the rear light clusters.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Thank you.
Where do I find these parts in the car ? (can you upload some pic that show it ?)

Thanks again
Lior

Clio MkII 172 K reg
After few months it came back.:(
Already disconnected the rear clusters one by one to see which one is responsible for this. After Few attmepts saw that the right one is it that make it. Cleaned the plug + put some isolierband on every wire itself to revoke any touching between them. Still, the rear fog light blinks everytime I push my brake pedal or put into reverse. What you suggest to do next ? can I repalce only yhe plug that connects into the cluster or do aomething else ? can I remove every wire and connect it better ?

CB600FS
Yes Wiking you can 'strip down' each block plug, with it disconnected you'll see a panel, flick it open with a small screwdriver and you'll see the tags you need to flick to remove the terminals. You can tighten them aswell, just push the pins each side together slightly.

Check your black earth leads going down from the back of the car to the chassis aswell.

Also whereabouts are you I can send you 2 rear light circuit boards if you want.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Yes Wiking you can 'strip down' each block plug, with it disconnected you'll see a panel, flick it open with a small screwdriver and you'll see the tags you need to flick to remove the terminals. You can tighten them aswell, just push the pins each side together slightly.

Check your black earth leads going down from the back of the car to the chassis aswell.

Also whereabouts are you I can send you 2 rear light circuit boards if you want.
Ok, I'll try this but still be very happy if you would send me these boards (Of course I'll pay for the postage)
Thank you.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
I opened the plug but didn't see how to remove each terminal.:dapprove:
Also, sprayed it with electric spray but still the light flicks.
Can I replace these plugs ? renault part number?

LY 182
you dont need to replace them, just go out there and mess about with cleaning them (with wd40 both the pins and and plug)
little tip aswell is to tweak the pins on the cluster to a slight angle (twist them on there own axis) to improve contact a bit

it will only be that, i've had it in the past it can take 3 or 4 goes of cleaning and tweaking before you fix it

Suzuki Ignis Sport
This happened to me, but aswell as the rear fog light indicator coming on, my left signal turned on too! lol...

All i did was took out all the bulbs, and cleaned up the rust on the conenctors with WD-40 and a flat screw driver, and scraped off the rust (the orange/brown stuff on the connectors)

Work a treat now.

Da

Less
Also check your main earth connection behind the rear lights. Rust or corrosion will cause this fault.