ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear end on a 172 ph1: ph1 or ph2?

LHD ph1 172
I'm very undecided about what to do, I always thought ph1 on ph1 and ph2 on ph2..but now I have available a ph2 rear bumper and my original ph1 would need a repaint...

the question is:

will i sell my ph2 rear bumper and refresh my ph1 or will i do the swap?

A cup spoiler is on the way to my home and i have a spare ph2 rear lights set in box..Side strips probably wouldn't been colourcoded,because I like the "roughness" of the black original ones:approve:, car is on 15" and lowered..

The problem is I am not very convinced about the "wide arch look" oh the ph2 rear bumper,and always tought they will not suit very well the ph1 look, but when you see photos of Karl's or middo's car or other similar the doubt begins to eat you:dapprove:

What do you think?
(Apart from the fact that I need a cure,of course:butt:)

sorry for my bad english,google translator ftw:D

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i think ph1 front end looks a million times better than ph2, but the rear end on a ph2 is miles better than a ph1. im on the lookout for a ph2 rear for my ph1. ph1 rear looks gash i think.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
looks 100x better ;)

DSC_0781.jpg

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ph 1.5 :rasp:

Urban myth... or just good old CS myth lol

Looks like a nice car from that angle in all honesty, always liked the ph2 rear. But hang on, its not is it... its a ph1.

Why buy a ph1 and b4stardise it into a ph2? Sorry dude, please dont take it personally, to me.. it just doest work.

:)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Totally works for me.

your just taking the best bits of both, ph1 imo has the better looking front end whilst the ph2 has the better looking rear end. so you're getting the best of both worlds.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Totally works for me.

your just taking the best bits of both, ph1 imo has the better looking front end whilst the ph2 has the better looking rear end. so you're getting the best of both worlds.

Guillaume

The 'edgey' lines of the ph2 bumpers just dont suit the curvaceous lines of a ph1.

;)

Z4
someone really needs to post up a photo of the ph1 rear, as imo it's ugly and outdated!

As said, the ph1 front looks more aggressive than the ph2, but the rear looks tatty, whereas the ph2 bum looks good!

The lines dont quite match up no...but you can easily get away with that. When do you see the front and rear of the car at the same time? Exactly.

LHD ph1 172
I've decided to keep it ph1...

just sold the ph2 rear bumper...

thinking on leave it as it is or would go for ph2 rear lights,cup spoiler and maybe some ph2 sidestrips with 1.2 or dci badges...

think the "oldschool" line of the ph1 rear bumper will suit better the car...