ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Camber Query

Ok I apologise if this has been answered before but I have had no joy searching the forum. Basically I had the tracking done on my 182 today and I noticed i have quite a bit of negative camber on my rear wheels. When I bought the car it had already been lowered on eibach springs but im not sure by how much but after looking at a few pics of 182s on sportlines I think im thereabouts.

Anyway having not owned a clio before when you lower these do you get negative camber on the rear wheels as I looked at shims on the ktec website but these seem to give negative camber which is not what I want. Or could it be I have shims fitted already:S

Cheers

Dan

Lowering the rear (which is of the "trailing arm with torsion beam" suspension variety) does not change camber.

Lowering the front (macpherson struts) has a side effect of effectively increasing the amount of negative camber (not "true" camber in the usual methods of adjustment etc, but camber none the less).

182s have a visible amount of negative camber on the rear as standard, part of the sporty setup etc. Only way to adjust camber on this type of rear suspension is shims.

So its probably right then, it just looked excessive to me never having a clio before ive nothing to compare with thanks for the input.

Not the best pictures

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

182, 6r GTi
had my tracking done today the readout says 2deg all round and i have fitted 0.5deg shims on the back so std they must be 1.5 deg rear camber