ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brakes / discs

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Ok so at the weekend I noticed the rear brakes are not breaking evenly... If that makes sense...
There leaving lines of the rusty marks on the discs...and the drivers rear side was hardly touched...

My worry is do I need to replace both brakes and discs?

Sticking slider on the one side, overhal both side....pads and discs........IMO id use mintex discs, i wouldnt bother with gen renault they are like cheese and rust like hell. You should always do both sides with brake's........

Highly likely, they do rust on a bit, they need an overhal really once a rear to be honest the rears, IMO of course,.......the discs dont last esp if you using more aggressive pads that OEM quality. OEM quality pads are actually fine for the rears, im running DS2500 but generally the way i drive, i replace the disc with the pads.....as both are always mullared at the same time.

Ok cheers..

Would this also explain the reason the them being locked on from cold..

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Question

Why would I need to touch the bearings if I'm just changing the rear discs and brakes?

Or is it not the straight forward?

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Spacers SHOULD already be there, I'd go on the assumption they are.

Make sure you a) remove them and b) re-fit them the correct way.

I've had this car nearly 4 months and I know the guy changed pads over for the ring which I have.. Maybe I should ask him the question..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What are you talking about?

Spacers are just that, a spacer. If they're there, changing them will make no difference, it's like changing your oil filler cap when you do an oil change to make it better.

If they're not there, the bearing's should have failed by now so I'd assume they are there.

Replace disks (bearing included (IMPORTANT)) and pads.

Free up and grease all sliders and make sure pistons move freely.

Sorted