ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brakes Discs/Pads Quote & Slashed Tyre.

RS Clio 182
Just been to Kwik Fit after i needed a new tyre fitted quick on my 182 - and they said both my rear Discs & Pads need replacing as they are down to the minimum (2mm on the pads left) - they quoted me £464 for the lot....this seems a bit high - is it a fair price or could i get it a lot cheaper? Im guessing its the latter knowing Kwik Fit... :dead:

Also,this is the reason why i needed a new tyre - some f**ker stuck a stanley knife in the wall of it while i was at work yesterday afternoon!! :mad:

P1040319.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I could get all four corners done for that price.

They probably don't even need changing.

RS Clio 182
I guess that answers my question then - they said some bullsh*t about the rears being more expensive cos they have special bearings and they hold the ABS sensors... :boring:

225 Cup & Williams
Even if they do need changing you can buy rear discs and pads from Renault for 120 quid and fit them yourself piece of piss to fit.

as said above can buy them cheap enough... quite easy 2 change aswel aslong as you have the tools and abit of sense tbf

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
We deal with kwik fit through work and the price we sell them bits at to what they sell them on for it unreal and also all the phone calls we have had from "mistakes"

Dropping a m3 rim straight on floor
Jack sipping from under car
They have even sent a ramp up to high and crushed it against the roof

Titanium 182
Jesus alive, I priced rear discs and pads up last night and I think it came to like £120 or something. I do the work myself though.

The "Abs sensor" is an abs ring which is indeed on the rear brakes but you can reuse the one that's currently on your car as far as I know.