ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear brakes 182

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Getting the disc off is easier than you think, did mine recently as I was fed up pay for someone else to do it badly. Just chap the dust cap off the centre of the disc to get to the 30mm nut holding it to the stub. You will need a long bar as it's on very tight and maybe need a little heat with a gas torch but I only needed to give it very little and it came off no bother. Putting the new one back on is easy just make sure before you put the nut on that the circlip over the bearing is in the groove properly and tighten to about 170Nm.

Lionel Richie
what dust cap? they don't have one

"about 170nm" - 175nm EXCATLY or the bearing can and will fail, especially if you forget about the spacer behind the disc

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
think he means the cover over the hub nut Fred.

And like Fred says, Tighten exactly to what is needed and mind the spacer lol. Iv seen a few people forget that.

Black Gold Trophy
Of all the clio sports I've worked on I've never seen one with covers over the rear stub axle nuts.

Not only is fitting the spacer important but getting it the right way round is mega important!
One side is slightly tapered and faces inwards (towards the car)