ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear beam/axle info required

172 2003
Hi everyone
I am looking into buying a second hand beam/axle to clean up and fit some uprated bushes to and at the same time change the rear brake pipes and hoses.
I have a 172 non cup, are all the beams the same on ph2 cars (172,172cup,182,182cup)
I have heard different stories but thought I'd ask as someone must have knowledge of it on here.
Thanks
Marc

172 2003
Where in Essex are you mate?
If the stubs are different can I unbolt mine and bolt them up to another if they differ?

Cup In bits
Everything is interchanagble with some models having different width stub axles but again they can be swapped.

Burpspeed noticed that the 182 cup has a thicker width torsion bar built into the beam but that's the only difference I have heard of.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Everything is interchanagble with some models having different width stub axles but again they can be swapped.

Burpspeed noticed that the 182 cup has a thicker width torsion bar built into the beam but that's the only difference I have heard of.

Yes I have heard the same about slightly thicker rear ARB, think it was from Mike Woodford (MWM) that I heard it.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Where in Essex are you mate?
If the stubs are different can I unbolt mine and bolt them up to another if they differ?

He is in great dunmow near Chelmsford.

Really nice guy bought some bits off of him last saturday

Many.
Yep, but you need everything bar actual beam, so sometimes its best to just get a complete beam.

You'll need...

Stub axles
Caliper Carriers
ABS sensors
Brake pips
Handbrake cables
Calipers
Discs etc.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah I didn't realise there was that much to it. I knew I'd need the stub axle and abs sensors, possibly the calipers too (cross-threaded a carrier bolt into the caliper by accident so they'll need replaced next time they come off anyway)

I always thought the rear discs and calipers and stuff on the sport and non-sport disc setups were the same though?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yep, but you need everything bar actual beam, so sometimes its best to just get a complete beam.

You'll need...

Stub axles
Caliper Carriers
ABS sensors
Brake pips
Handbrake cables
Calipers
Discs etc.

You sure? DCi 100's have rear discs already

Many.
You sure? DCi 100's have rear discs already

f**k, yes I forgot. I blame Sburrell for saying Non-sport rather than DCi 100/1.6 petrol. :p

Ah I didn't realise there was that much to it. I knew I'd need the stub axle and abs sensors, possibly the calipers too (cross-threaded a carrier bolt into the caliper by accident so they'll need replaced next time they come off anyway)

I always thought the rear discs and calipers and stuff on the sport and non-sport disc setups were the same though?

Yes, you can just swap stub axles, they are identical, although some have different ABS teeth.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
f**k, yes I forgot. I blame Sburrell for saying Non-sport rather than DCi 100/1.6 petrol. :p

My bad :eek: shouldn't be bringing us dci's down like that! :p

Yes, you can just swap stub axles, they are identical, although some have different ABS teeth.

That's more what I wanted to hear lol. Guess I'll just need to find what's the correct ABS rings now. Cheers :D

Last edited:
  Many.
Count yours, front or rear, although tbh it should be easy to see, as one is 28 and other is 44 IIRC.

If you keep your discs, it won't be a problem AFAIK.