ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear 6x9s failing to power

As father and son....
Title says it all really. Driving home from work tonight i realised that nothing was coming out of the 6x9s on the stealth shelf. Power wire seems solid on the amp, but cannot check the back of the HU as i dont have the Sony HU keys to slide it out (if such a thing exists).

Anyone know of a decent way to fault find this, or even to remove the HU so i can check connections behind there. Checked the fuse on the amp and it's fine also. Any ideas?

number 1
check the power to the amp, most have a power indicator led

yes, keys do exist, you will need to buy them from an audio retailer, many are reluctant to just give them out

As father and son....
there is a power LED on the amp, it's not on so im either looking at a duff amp (after 3 weeks gg) or a loose connection on the back of the HU which i'll have to fork out for.

Can i catch a f**king break sometime this month seriously :|

Golf GTi Mk2
Checked the remote wire? it may be something simple. Best to check the fuse at your battery aswell? Check the easy things before you start throwing money at it is my advice.

As father and son....
aye was gonna check my battery fuse but frankly lost my rag a bit, just cant catch a slice of luck at the minute with car/life.

Oh well, turkey dinner ahoy right? Oh and if i were to need these keys estimated cost ~ ?

Thanks for the replies

best way to check, with a bit of mteal, bridge the connection between the remote and live, this will either turn the amp on (dodgy remote) or do nothing (power issue/amp issue)

aound £5-£10 for the keys last time i seen any