ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Read this on another forum...

Scirocco GT 210
Not going to say which one, don't want to start a war ;)

I just thought it was rather misguilded and a little inaccurate, just wondered what you lot thought about it.

(on the topic of comparing clios to fiesta STs)

Its like it on every car forum.
Back in the days of my clio, the people on cliosport were MUCH worse. They seemed convince they'd outpace the focusst, CTR, R32, Evo's, Scoobies. Pretty much anything
And they wouldnt accept it when someone mentioned about the poor handling, one of them so much so they took a dig at my boyfriend nearly dying in my old one when I mentioned it. Thank goodness we have no-one so sick on here
Its well known the Clio's dont have the best handling ever. Its simply fact, their centre of gravity is too high and if they lift off they tend to carry on going, like mine did. But people with those cars are blind to that.
Which is why I'm sort of glad I got a car with a fairly mediocre performance as cars go these days. It means in situations like this people don't think their cars are the best you can get in the world, they just love them and love driving them

Oh, and it terms of 200bhp hot hatches - I totally agree in terms of Ctr, focus st etc etc. But the Clio's themselves are often very overrated in these figures. On the forum I used to be a member of. There were many very miffed owners who'd venture onto the RR's and get 170 in their standard182's and cups etc. And on track days they never performed quite as expected. And while I'm not supporting the 'beating a 197' statement because imo its not possible, I do think in terms of 182s - and 172s especially- that would be a very close call while moving because the huge torque the ST puts out and that the 172 tended to come out at about 160-165 when RR'd.
Though I doubt it'd be a good idea to pick a fight with a trophy, cup, V6 or 197!

H22A7 Accord Type R
opinions are like arseholes i guess.............but i fail to see why they are regarded as one of the best hot hatches you can get by EVO magazine, time and time again - yet so crap at handling like stated above??? Hmmmmm

Since when have clios been well known for having poor handling?! The reason I chose a cup over many other cars is because of its reputation for class-leading handling and performance.

What a muppet!

penis. reminds me of the boys on the mr2 forum a few months back slating the newer rs's over there 15yr old japseyes.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Rich said:
I think I can guess who posted that lol

Lee said:
Yeah me to.

Bless.

:mad:

I remember this one aswel, what a clown. Apparetntly though it was the clios (renowned for the good go-cart esque handling) fault that her boyfriend couldn't handle it.

Nissan 350Z
Rich said:
I think I can guess who posted that lol

Not only do i know who posted it, but i know who she is referring to who "had a dig".

It was me!

She got very upset, but then, if someone wants to try and take the mick, like she did with me, then she really ought to be able to take it when someone winds her up.

It was nothing personal against the guy himself, I just wanted to wind her up, as she gets completely on my wick at times, and it succeeded.

She is every bit as biased about her car as I ever am with all mine put together :rolleyes:

Actually needs an addition ;) tagging onto the end of it

Back in the days of my clio, the people on cliosport were MUCH worse. They seemed convince they'd outpace the focusst, CTR, R32, Evo's, Scoobies. Pretty much anything
And they wouldnt accept it when someone mentioned about the poor handling, one of them so much so they took a dig at my boyfriend nearly dying in my old one when I mentioned it. Thank goodness we have no-one so sick on here
Its well known the Clio's dont have the best handling ever. Its simply fact, their centre of gravity is too high and if they lift off they tend to carry on going, like mine did. But people with those cars are blind to that.
Which is why I'm sort of glad I got a car with a fairly mediocre performance as cars go these days. It means in situations like this people don't think their cars are the best you can get in the world, they just love them and love driving them

Oh, and it terms of 200bhp hot hatches - I totally agree in terms of Ctr, focus st etc etc. But the Clio's themselves are often very overrated in these figures. On the forum I used to be a member of. There were many very miffed owners who'd venture onto the RR's and get 170 in their standard182's and cups etc. And on track days they never performed quite as expected. And while I'm not supporting the 'beating a 197' statement because imo its not possible, I do think in terms of 182s - and 172s especially- that would be a very close call while moving because the huge torque the ST puts out and that the 172 tended to come out at about 160-165 when RR'd.
Though I doubt it'd be a good idea to pick a fight with a trophy, cup, V6 or 197!

Of course i'm not a chassis engineer, racing driver or experienced driver and Infact i've not driven any of the cars in question but i feel i can talk with authority on a subject that i clearly know nothing about.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
pbirkett said:
Not only do i know who posted it, but i know who she is referring to who "had a dig".

It was me!

She got very upset, but then, if someone wants to try and take the mick, like she did with me, then she really ought to be able to take it when someone winds her up.

It was nothing personal against the guy himself, I just wanted to wind her up, as she gets completely on my wick at times, and it succeeded.

She is every bit as biased about her car as I ever am with all mine put together :rolleyes:

PMSL she thought a 1series would hammer an RS.

Her dad owns a ford garage hence the Biased opinion.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
That skiman sounds like a right pleb too. Modded Fiesta ST having to 'back off' from a 197 as the 197 was slow?

More like not even run in so not pushing too hard.

106 GTi
Loony said:
Actually needs an addition ;) tagging onto the end of it

Of course i'm not a chassis engineer, racing driver or experienced driver and Infact i've not driven any of the cars in question but i feel i can talk with authority on a subject that i clearly know nothing about.

Loony on top form as ever!

Octavia VRS
Rich you seemed to get perplexed with her in that other thread on here. And I thought you seemed a calm chap! ;)

The day i ask a 19year old girl her opinion on the handling characteristics of a hothatch (or any car for that matter) will be the day i ask a scotsman for culinary advice (ie the day hell freezes over) maybe she should stick to giving advice/opinion on fake tan or barbies ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Loony said:
The day i ask a 19year old girl her opinion on the handling characteristics of a hothatch (or any car for that matter) will be the day i ask a scotsman for culinary advice (ie the day hell freezes over) maybe she should stick to giving advice/opinion on fake tan or barbies ;)

I make a damn you Stovie son...

106 GTi
_Kenny_ said:
Rich you seemed to get perplexed with her in that other thread on here. And I thought you seemed a calm chap! ;)

I normally am Kenny, that is about the first time that ridiclous comments on the interweb have actually wound me up. If the statements had not been so silly I would not have bit so much. I am upset tho that I have shattered your illusions of me now though ;) PMSL