ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB200 Washed and Wrapped.

Gave the 200 a quick refresh today, before making a little change to the front end.

Had the front valance wrapped in Gloss black by Bristol Blue Customs, was the first time I've had anything done by them but they did a very good job.

A few before's after a wash.

8451634146_0b5b07c202_c.jpg

8450549255_388586d651_c.jpg

8451635358_f654cbbb27_c.jpg

8450544827_6de64f1cfb_c.jpg

8450543407_b397f2b526_c.jpg

8450540853_2835340da8_c.jpg

8451624260_7898cbdab9_c.jpg

8451625548_0649b164f0_c.jpg

I then whipped the car down to Bristol Blue Customs, some before's:

8451622800_f17c4f8d90_c.jpg

8450534087_ca95376c82_c.jpg

During

8451621004_60d26ee440_c.jpg

8450532347_c15c9fa300_c.jpg

And finished

8451619254_7e670ae6c5_c.jpg

8451618332_3943b7dcd1_c.jpg

8451617346_972b2129cc_c.jpg

8450527581_2b24f2816b_c.jpg

8450524757_96bf871d4b_c.jpg

8450521937_11c3051e15_c.jpg

8450519343_640c929c29_c.jpg

8451605516_d1f48342cf_c.jpg

8451603076_45f0df038a_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
looks a bit odd here though

but thats probably just a 200 thing?

One thing i will say is that the 200 never photographs well, see one of the road and they do look fine!

Can't decide if I like that or not.

Not because it looks bad, just because it looked so good before.

Chappers, do you live near the Frenchay campus/Bristol Business park?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I did consider doing similar, like the akrapovic clio in white which does look amazing, but have always been in to minds as how it would turn out in blue.
Each time I look at it grows on me a little.

On another note, want tint are your rear windows?

GTD, Lupo
Looks good Chappers! Just a shame they cut the bit that flicks back on itself straight. I had to get the chaps that done mine to adjust it as it looks better with a sharper edge.

DSC_0623.jpg

The only difference between our cars is one letter and the colour now.

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

looks good but i wonder how it would look having all the black blue instead?? not just the bits you had wrapped.

There was a RB 200 that had all of it wrapped in RB, it looked awful! The lines don't look good unless they are hidden in black haha.

looks a bit odd here though

but thats probably just a 200 thing?

One thing i will say is that the 200 never photographs well, see one of the road and they do look fine!

Lol, I'm not sure what you mean mate?! I think it photographs quite nicely. :approve:

Can't decide if I like that or not.

Not because it looks bad, just because it looked so good before.

Chappers, do you live near the Frenchay campus/Bristol Business park?

Yea I do mate, a stone's throw away from there.

Looks awesome, love that mod!

the only criticism I have is that I'd have the bits around the 'points' curved rather than cut at angles... But that's being picky :)

Thanks, yea I can see what you mean, I did ask them to make the lines straighter to look a bit more aggressive, but both ways would look good I think!

I did consider doing similar, like the akrapovic clio in white which does look amazing, but have always been in to minds as how it would turn out in blue.
Each time I look at it grows on me a little.

On another note, want tint are your rear windows?

They are the optional tinted windows from the factory, not sure what tint though, they aren't noticeable when driving, just lightly tinted.

Looks good Chappers! Just a shame they cut the bit that flicks back on itself straight. I had to get the chaps that done mine to adjust it as it looks better with a sharper edge.

DSC_0623.jpg

The only difference between our cars is one letter and the colour now.

Thanks mate, yea like I said to Knuckles, they followed what line there was really, I'm not sure I really have a preference over either, yours looks cracking though. :)

Would be awesome to get some photos of the cars together!

GTD, Lupo
Just the front bumper or full? This because of the issue you had from the factory?

Yeah pretty much, the guy called it a top down. Both quotes have been for £2500 and RUK are trying their hardest to get the price down. Then as soon as they have fixed that i can start putting all the parts i have accumulated onto the car.

Have you had any issues with the paint on the lip around your arches?

Such a clean car, and the wrap is a great little mod for the 200.

Thanks mate. :)

Yeah pretty much, the guy called it a top down. Both quotes have been for £2500 and RUK are trying their hardest to get the price down. Then as soon as they have fixed that i can start putting all the parts i have accumulated onto the car.

Have you had any issues with the paint on the lip around your arches?

Ah well, at least you will have some new paint to protect!

Not that I know of, what has happened? Bubbling or peeling?

GTD, Lupo
Ah well, at least you will have some new paint to protect!

Not that I know of, what has happened? Bubbling or peeling?

On mine it all started with drips of clear coat on the lip around the arch. The drips then broke away, which in turn let moisture between the two layers. I have looked at a few other 200 and a couple of them had a similar issue, one being another Silverstone.

Its taken a year to get this far but cant wait for it to finally be fixed! Just a shame all my Ventureshield and the wrap on the front will need to come off. RUK are looking into replace the shield but i not going to hold my breath. Though they did mention some form of compensation last time we spoke as the car has spent 8 weeks in the garage in the last 6 months.

Do you have any more plans for the car or just keeping it as it is? I have H&R springs to go on and gloss black Cup racer wheels, plus a few carbon bits.

That looks superb fella. Really do love the colour and obviously it's clean, so gets extra plus points in my eyes!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
On mine it all started with drips of clear coat on the lip around the arch. The drips then broke away, which in turn let moisture between the two layers. I have looked at a few other 200 and a couple of them had a similar issue, one being another Silverstone.

Slightly off topic but I have these runs/drips on my raider were the bumper meets the arch/wing :/

Its taken a year to get this far but cant wait for it to finally be fixed! Just a shame all my Ventureshield and the wrap on the front will need to come off. RUK are looking into replace the shield but i not going to hold my breath. Though they did mention some form of compensation last time we spoke as the car has spent 8 weeks in the garage in the last 6 months.

Do you have any more plans for the car or just keeping it as it is? I have H&R springs to go on and gloss black Cup racer wheels, plus a few carbon bits.

That's really not good, keep pushing though and you will get it all sorted, plans sound good as well, any spacers?

I don't think I'm going to do anything more apart from fresh plates tbh, just keep it clean and enjoy some shows with it in the summer!

That looks superb fella. Really do love the colour and obviously it's clean, so gets extra plus points in my eyes!

Thanks mate, I do try!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They're good guys down at Bristol Blue. Dealt with them a few times as my old school mate owns half of it. They do walk/talk/think they're gangsters though, but they're actually nice guys.

Love that! Think the car needs to be lowered now though ;)

Looks lovely.

Love that!

That looks brilliant! Should be like this from factory!

That looks awesome :)

Thanks guys, no lowering on the cards just yet though!

They're good guys down at Bristol Blue. Dealt with them a few times as my old school mate owns half of it. They do walk/talk/think they're gangsters though, but they're actually nice guys.

I was shocked at how close they were to SJ Cook!

Lol yea, they laughed at me because I hadn't 'had the back end out' on the Clio!

Decent blokes though.