ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle when accelerating

182 with Cup Packs
Hi,

Just got my 182 about a month ago, its a 54 plate, 53000 miles.

The problem (if it is one) is that when i accelerate at about 50% or more throttle and over about 2.5-3k rpm there's a rattle noise from the engine, not that loud but obvious enough.
It sounds a cross between a blowing exhaust and a bearing possibly, bt quite distinctively metallic and mechanical.

Any ideas?

Theres no other problems except its in need of a cambelt service.

Fletch

P.S. i used the search tool before posting.

Are you sure its not the downpipe > cat gasket blowing ? Or possibly the centre exhaust section baffles rattling.

They are two fav's

FormulaFord Ecoboost
My 172 did the same and it was the engine mounts completely shot causing the engine to drop so the exhaust manifold rattled on the chassis.

Could also be a loose heat shield

182 with Cup Packs
Hmm, i'll have a look, how will I know if they are shot or not?

My last car (RX8) had a similar issue and the only way to know was to measure it and theres only a few mm between good n bad.

LY R26 #288
i've got the same thing and its the down pipe to cat joint, its either blowing or the bolts are rattling

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Mine was the bolts that hold the down pipe to cat, put some exhaust gunk around as its a right pain to get into tighten, problem solved. Try that