ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rare Yellow Ph1 172 from Holland

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well decided to strip a car at the local breakers.
Had all "plastic" parts prof. painted metallic black

Added some black prof. painted mirrors and door handles (came of same car as the bullets).

My cat likes the sunflower to :p
20120913175051.jpg

20120913174718.jpg

20120913174653.jpg

-2.5 degrees of camber -> Special thanks to Tony ! :clap:
20120913174759.jpg

20120913174817.jpg

And to replace the stupid raceland crap :mad:
Decided to go for german quality this time, got hold of a set of used AP's (Thanks to Mr.Pink87 :clap:)
The eagle-eyed viewer will see that its missing the height adjusters for the back, im going to use the raceland's for that ;)
img3205r.jpg

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well i have been pretty busy with some of the small things but the "Big Brake kit" has finally been completed
Wanted to go with a full renault setup but it was to much of a hassle and a bracket had to be made for everything i could find.
Since a bracket had to be made anyway why not go for a much nicer setup !

Decided to go for this :

Brembo 300mm x 24mm (scenic) Discs
406 Coupe V6/HDI "Brembo" Calipers

The Brembo's from a 406 have a very good mounting point compared to the 172 mounting points, wich make it a bit easier to create the bracket.
These are also pretty common calipers to come across wich should help with the price ;)

Brackets :

The brackets where made by a mate off mine they are from Aluminium and are real quality grade stuff (CNC made).
One alteration has to be made to the caliper mounting holes. You have to zink (>) the holes on the inside in order to fit large torx screws.
My mate has made a few of these sets (brackets+bolts all-inn) so if anyone else is interested let me know and i will give you the information you need.

I got a set of the brackets but so did another mate of mine wich put them on his track car and he already did a few trackdays (he is realy realy pleased with the quality/performance increase).

WIP
img20130131wa0006.jpg

img20130131wa0007.jpg

End product
img20130228wa0004.jpg

Progress :

I have sandblasted the calipers (masked of the cylinders) and completely repainted the calipers in "VHT Real red". Then finished it off with the sticker and a few clear coats over that.
Have to say was realy pleased how this turned out, like new !
From this
img20130404wa0000.jpg

To this
20130406115233.jpg

20130407204633.jpg

20130413173209.jpg

img20130412wa0002.jpg

For all of this i have spend this :

2x Brembo Stickers : €5
1x VHT "Real Red" Caliper paint : €14
1x VHT Clear Coat : €14
2x Brembo "Scenic" Discs (Brand-new) : €85
2x Used Peugeot 406 Coupe V6 and/or 2.2 HDI "Brembo" Calipers (with almost new pads) : €170
2x Brackets including all bolts : €95
1 hour sandblasting : €25

This comes to the total ammount off : €408 ~ 349 Pounds (wich makes this a very very nice and affordable upgrade !!)

Now looks like this :cool:
20130421162210.jpg

20130421162151.jpg

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
The mate who made/sells the brackets, owns a (professional) race/tuning related webstore but hasn't put the full kits online yet.
So i cant give a direct link yet. But thats what they cost €95 ex. shipping.

I can give you the email adress so you guys can contact him directly but i can only give it to you guys over pm ;)

Last edited:
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well time for another big update :cool:

Put some new "White" coated Lenso VPD 16" alloys on with new Kumho 215/40/R16 Tires
I have seen stu and other "sunflowers" on here with white wheels and they look stunning.

20130511162242.jpg

20130518194633.jpg

20130518194531.jpg

And i managed to find a BG182 Cup wich was brought here to strip from the uk.
Well i decided to help the owner a bit :D

Cup Spoiler:
20130520184536.jpg

Stripped the complete interior from it aswell.
img20130527wa0000.jpg

img20130527wa0003.jpg

img20130527wa0002.jpg

Everything basically apart from the dash wich i do want but cant use as its a RHD.
Its all in the sunflower now but have not made pictures yet :clown:

Its going to get a ph2 dash aswell but i have to find a nice condition one first:cool:

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well some bad news, noticed the dephaser pully started to make the familiar noises :mad:
Wich is pretty F****D up as the cambelt was done 10.000km's ago (just over 1 year) when i bought the car.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well all the belts have been done (again) and also the dephaser was replaced :clap:
This weekend i was able to finish the complete phase 3 interior transformation ! :cool:

All the buttons (hazard/lock) worked out perfect in the end, took allot of fiddling but its done now and well worth it.
uctg.jpg

x36e.jpg

a9kq.jpg

Notice my small touch here (lock button upside down to unlock the car :)) :
29rh.jpg

Also came across a second hand phase 2 trunk lid :
ltl4.jpg

And another small touch (original 182 bumper exhaust insert) :
5m0e.jpg

I also fitted some new 182 (more castor) wishbones fully equipped with the new powerflex kit (Black).
Where a PITA to fit them with the washers as its a realy realy tight fit but figured it out aswell :cool:

CS2 PH1, Pug S16,
Did you replace the master brake cylinder after brembo setap?
And what is the parameters of yours OZ f1 16 incn?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I did not replace the mbc as i did not feel its was needed, several other persons who done the same update have also not upgraded it.
I haven't gotten the OZ's any more but i believe they had an ET of 37.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well its time for a major update :cool:

Cleaned the engine bay :
From this
wu22t.jpg

2jg40mg.jpg

x4okrk.jpg

To this
ejwgg9.jpg

Placed some new black headlights
2z87pj5.jpg

Put the battery in the back on the passenger side (LHD car ;))
Used the battery bracket of a wrecked citroen c3. worked perfectly.
idwuwh.jpg

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well time to dust off my project thread :smiley:
ALLOT has happened since my last post.

Put some brand new Megane 3 RS Calipers on (needed custom brackets -> 225 ones didn't work for me).
Installed Megane 3 RS Steering wheel.
Had the car completely repainted.
Installed the Turkish SM Intake and had to make allot of mods to get it to work properly.
Put a KW/Gaz coilover set on it.
New Sabelt Taurus seat with a original Cup Racer harness :hearteyes:
Complete original Orbisoud Cup Racer exhaust system.

2vb4j83.jpg

2chq720.jpg

az73lu.jpg

hreo2c.jpg

2iqxtec.jpg

zinh55.jpg

2h6ws35.jpg

zlw5g3.jpg

34gsr5j.jpg

acyhwn.jpg

14ob22e.jpg

Also has the original cup racer orbisoud exhaust. Without mods this looks like s**t as its build to be easily removed/exchanged but not ecstatically pleasing :p .So i had it altered so it would fit my needs.

Car has had a major overhaul and i can now honestly say that this is now the badest sunflower in the Netherlands ..... maybe even the badest ph1.
Due to the insane ammount of changes and investments i had the car appraised to be able to insure it for the real world value and the result was above expectation :fearscream:
It was appraised for a wopping €11000 which equals about £9400

I had ALLOT of issues getting the intake to work properly but i now seem to have got everything sorted to get it mapped finally :smiley:
It will be mapped by Henk on the 10th of June.

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
That is an exceptional example mate, good work.

I'm not all keen on the black door strips and tinted front & rear lamps - tbat aside, lovely.

Is the insurance expensive considering what they've valued it at?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
The insurance here is a steal compared to what you guys have to pay on the other side of the pond.
I pay €43 a month for max coverage at taxed value.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well allot have been done to the car in the last weeks.
Fitted a silicone black silicone hose set (had to be modded in some places to get it to fit properly).
And a bit of fun, made a shift ligt. Didn't want to buy a box and tape of mount it on the dash.
Wanted it to look as much oem as possible.
So i bought a diy kit from ebay and to make it complete i bought the rest.

It builds up from a certain rev range. First green-green-blue-blue-red and then starts flashing.

Here are some pix of the build process.
P99SuAj.jpg

gcTFwVL.jpg

Lpvlos8.jpg

0mgRVTU.jpg

z1NrYfj.jpg

Also made a switch to be able to turn it off if needed.
YdtTgKP.jpg

And a small dipswitch to be able to change the settings of the controller.
wRa4mmH.jpg

And offcourse the finished product in the car.
saRxlBa.jpg

lRbC88T.jpg

9pS85BB.jpg

Now needs to be properly configured which i didn't have time for.

Clio 1.6 16V
Well allot have been done to the car in the last weeks.
Fitted a silicone black silicone hose set (had to be modded in some places to get it to fit properly).
And a bit of fun, made a shift ligt. Didn't want to buy a box and tape of mount it on the dash.
Wanted it to look as much oem as possible.
So i bought a diy kit from ebay and to make it complete i bought the rest.

It builds up from a certain rev range. First green-green-blue-blue-red and then starts flashing.

Here are some pix of the build process.
View attachment 1322724
View attachment 1322725
View attachment 1322726
View attachment 1322727
View attachment 1322728

Also made a switch to be able to turn it off if needed.
View attachment 1322729

And a small dipswitch to be able to change the settings of the controller.
View attachment 1322730

And offcourse the finished product in the car.
View attachment 1322731
View attachment 1322732
View attachment 1322733

Now needs to be properly configured which i didn't have time for.

Where did you got the rpm input from ?