ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random dash lights appearing

Clio 182 & BMW 335d
Hi I've only had my clio a few days, bought it fairly cheap as it needed a bit of work doing, when reversing it on the drive the fog light come on dimly on the dash and the indicator lit up instead reverse bulb, not a issue I cleaned the clusters up, wasn't even bad to be honest and doesn't seem to do it again, yet!
But when getting back into the car the service light came on and after 10 mins went again... What's that all about? It's been serviced before I bought it, if the light had stayed on then I would have thought it to be that the service interval reminder light hadn't been reset but it just comes and goes as and when it pleases.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Charlotte

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The service light doesn't actually show it needs servicing it means another minor fault has been detected. There isn't an interval light on the ph2. Did the service light come on with other lights? Commonly it crops up with the airbag light or an and fault.

Fog light it defo corrosion on the clusters or rear earthing point behind the boot loading area plastic trim.

All fluid levels okay? Could even be something light the rainsensor having a fault

Clio 182 & BMW 335d
Everything seems to be fine, sorted the cluster out, levels are all okay
Also I've got a little Bluetooth obd reader and the car wouldn't communicate with it as I wanted to check fault codes and that service light went out after a couple min of the engine running