ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raising the idle on a ph1?

Evo
As simple as turning the stop screw on the throttle body or does it need ecu mapping?

it idles just over 600rpm currently and it's lumpy as a tractor with a misfire and occassionally has a little struggle pulling away slowly, think it need 100rpm more or so. Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
change the ICV, they're crap. The screw on the TB is set for the TPS and glued/painted in position, don't touch it

Evo
Danny I assume that stands for Idle Control Valve? Where is it located on the ph1? Anyone have a part number and price? Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yes, idle control valve. Back of the plenum between the coil and the throttle body. About £80 iirc, ordered one the other week but can't find the bloody thing on parts system now

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm sure it was a lot less than that when Adam172 ordered one? Not that I'm questioning for you all knowing Danny, but I'm sure it was closer to half that.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Found it, it's actually £93.20 inc vat. Probably get a cheap copy, but not sure I'd trust it to work.

Pic? I'm losing it

The black ones at the top of the picture.
IMG_0533.jpg

Evo
It had a new TB from Renault about 3000 miles ago to resolve the sticky throttle, that set me back £250!!! Defo not at fault