ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainbow slx230 deluxe comps

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Is any running either the 230's or the delux off a head unit rather than an amp? I know its better to run off an amp but just wonderin how a head unit would cope. Im not bothered about volume just quality at low volumes?

Any advice would be greatful.

the slx230 deluxe will be fine running off the head unit, i highly recommend these speakers for use in all types of systems due to their versatility

gsb

98 Sreg Clio RT
I'm running some of the HU at the moment, until my amp turns up. They sound pretty damn good. Obviously an amp is gonna make the most of them though.

A4 Avant & A3
From Bryans advice i am going to go for some slx230s to run off my standard HU...
Just deciding on whether to go for the deluxe or not?.. would i notice any difference between the two?
By looking at the pics, it looks like the deluxe have a larger crossover.. (harder to hide) :)

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Bryan said:
the slx230 deluxe will be fine running off the head unit, i highly recommend these speakers for use in all types of systems due to their versatility

Cheers for the advice mate, will be getting some soon after xmas.
Any tips on removing the dash?

A4 Avant & A3
Has anyone fitted these tweeters into the original place in dash? just wondering if they are easy to fix in place of the originals, i/e just a case of taking old ones out & fitting new ones in their place? or is there something more major to do to get the old ones out & fix the new ones in?
Just trying to prepare myself before ordering some.

Monaro VXR
Well its not gonna be straight forward swap if thats what ya mean.

Will require some buggering about due to having to sort the crossovers out etc. Having the same issue on my C4 no idea how to get it sorted so gonna be a fun one when it comes time to change my tweeters.

Leaving a couple days open for me to work on my car because of it.

A4 Avant & A3
Yeah im sure your right about it not being straight forward.
I am aware of the need to find room to put the crossover & fix it down somehow...
But i'm sure i read somewhere that you have to cut some plastic around the tweeters to get them out??? can't for the life of me remember where i read it though!!!
JUst thinking, if i cut the plastic for the originals they aren't gonna go back in if i sell the car & want to put the originals back in. Plus how the hell do the nwe ones fit?..
I think it's gonna be a case of ... remove the top of the dash (carefully) & look for myself.
I'm sure theres a way as people have done this

muz

big fat japanese bus
to remove the tweeters you just take the top off the dash

Personally I would mount them in the A pillars using a little bit of Filler mdf and F/G

Monaro VXR
They sound better there but not everyone wants to advertise they have an upgraded system cause usually also means you have something in the boot.

I prefer a nice factory stealth look to my installs so you cant really tell.

personally i always aim to install the tweeters within 2-3" of the mid driver, and aimed around 6" behind the drivers head

couldn't care what it looks like, quality is key

A big difference, a bit like the focal Access range compared to the focal polyglass range.

theres always better, you pay more, you get more. unfortunatly in rainbows you can keep paying more until you get to there £6500 (yes thats the right amount of zeros lol) 2 way component set!

i wouldnt get the slx230 non deluxes if you dont mind spending the extra and getting the deluxes. the 'crossover' on the slx230's are very close to the design of a 'cap' and not a proper crossover. The sound quality is very noticable between the deluxes & non deluxes whether your running them off an amp or not.

There are many places under the dash & behind the door panel to hide the crossover so that shouldnt be a negative factor in buying these speakers mate :)

Specs are similar all the way up in the rainbows power & frequency wise, but the designs and materials used differ as you go up. also the tweeter changes between the models, but off the top of my head i cant remember if the slc's use the same silk dome style tweeter as the slx's... i know they changed from ferrer fluid to air cooled at one stage, but cant remember if its between these two or if its when they go to the power & germanium range :S sorry i couldnt be of anymore help...

Megane R26
Connor

Are the SLC230 Kick worth the extra over the SLC230?

Also, will they happily fit into a Clio 182? I have a Mk5 Fiesta at the moment (down to insurance) but want my ICE to fit the 182 when I get one

Cheers

Russ

what bryan said ^^

but whether they are what you need is another thing... the kicks are really only designed when your not having a sub, if you have a subwoofer in your system then the kick bass versions arent really needed.

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
connor said:
what bryan said ^^

but whether they are what you need is another thing... the kicks are really only designed when your not having a sub, if you have a subwoofer in your system then the kick bass versions arent really needed.

Am i right in saying The kicks are more powerful,so will these be ok running off a decent head unit or will they need an amp,as my original post stated i dont really ant to fit an amp, been there done it and cant be arsed anymore lol. i know the sound is better but if the kicks will run off h/u i might go for theminstead of the deluxe?

Rusty