ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio wont come on, clock keeps resetting ... sort my electrical problem!

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Car had the alternator and battery changed. Radio wont come on at all, like flash 'code' or anything. It's just dead. Every time I set the clock and turn off the ignition and back on it goes back to 0:00. Fuse is fine, cigar lighter works which is the same fuse.

Any ideas? I'm thinking alternator wasn't done properly?

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Batteries fine. Everything is fine apart from the radio not coming on and the clock resetting :D

145db Euro'd clio
clean, wd40 and tighten the posative and negative terminals on te battery. had the same problem. was just a weak connection!

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Wasn't that, cheers for the help though!

Ended up being a different fuse. I thought it was the radio/clock/lighter fuse but it ended up being the interior light/radio fuse. Go figure.

Only problem I have now is that the speakers are only emitting sound in the passenger door and the central locking seems messed up in that if I lock the driver door the others don't lock - surely they should?

Any thoughts?