ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RADIO MAST/ANTENNA BASE

Clio 172
Hi can anyone help me out please i've just bought a 52 plate clio 172 and the roof ariel has been broke looks like the metal insert in the ariel mast is stuck on the base.I've tried turning it to remove but its just spinning in the antenna base. I take it you have to drop the head linning to remove the antenna base, i've priced on from ren and its £80+vat because mine has standard sat nav fitted. Any suggestions or tips please?

:S

That price is right, it's about £15 for a non sat nav base. My old boy has thesat nav in his 172, all he needs is a new rubber flange bit as his has perished, he has to buy the whole lot (which he's not going to do)

I'd try holding the base & using mole grips or something to get the aeriel out, see how that goes.

Clio 172
That price is right, it's about £15 for a non sat nav base. My old boy has thesat nav in his 172, all he needs is a new rubber flange bit as his has perished, he has to buy the whole lot (which he's not going to do)

I'd try holding the base & using mole grips or something to get the aeriel out, see how that goes.

Typical knowing my look!! ha ha.Think i'll try that if not i might just stickiflex the old ariel on? or will that caus greif with the signal?. cheers for the info.:eek: