ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio and clock and temp display not working

Yesterday my stereo wouldn't switch on, so after checking the fuse (this was fine) I pulled the stereo out. Stuck a test light on the red live, but accidently touched the metal case of the stereo and it sparked. Then the clock and outside temp display went off. Checked the fuse again (both radio and display share the same fuse) and it was fine.

Chucked another headunit in, and still nothing. There is power at the fuse, and power coming into the yellow wire on the loom which plugs into the stereo, but nothing on the red.

Any ideas what I have broken and how it can be fixed?

Does anyone know where the ignition switched live fuse is located in a MK3 56 plate Clio?

The radio one is a 15A, but I may have blown another.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
I posted a thread recently about radio trouble too, 56's seem to be a problem tbh, Iam thinking about selling mine!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Who? Me or Malky?! Mine still isnt fixed, it needs a trip to my local Renault garage but they havent been open the last few days :banghead: Did you get yours sorted?

Yeah, it was the ignition live fuse that had popped (in the fuse box under the steering column)

What had happened is due to the extremely cold temperatures we had, the stereo couldn't cope and something inside shut off. I've been told that my Clio has a UK spec stereo which is unable to handle extreme cold. Newer Renaults are fitted with upgraded units (don't know how much truth is in this). Also been told that car theives used to nick stereos and put them in the freezer to bypass the codes and that my stereo's security feature automatically kicked in when the temp was so low, as if it had been put in a freezer.(again not sure how much truth is in that)

Anyway, the fuse was replaced and the stereo and temp display came on again. Then the temperature plunged to -10, and now the stereo doesn't work again................

I bought an aftermarket one off Ebay instead.