ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiators with and without air con?

Evo
I want an alloy radiator for my 172 Ph1. I see on eBay there are two fitments, one for air con and one for non air con which appears simpler in design and a bit cheaper.

Obviously my car had air con from the factory but I removed everything with a delete kit including pipework and A/C rad. Does anyone know if the non aircon radiator will fit my air con deleted car or are the mounting points/coolant pipe work different?

thanks.

Lots of Alfas
To confuse things I ordered a non-air con rad for my 172mk1, it fitted the standard mounts fine. The only slight issue I had was that the original fan housing didnt quite sit flush against the rad, there was a 1 cm gap.

To confuse things I ordered a non-air con rad for my 172mk1, it fitted the standard mounts fine. The only slight issue I had was that the original fan housing didnt quite sit flush against the rad, there was a 1 cm gap.

What did you work out to be the reason for the fan housing to not sit flush on the rad? I've just encountered this issue with mine now. 172 up rad and standard fan housing.