ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue; The project thread

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate, they are on my list too though :(

Two 2118 clad 182's in Halifax.. hmmmmmm lol

What's the measurements on them Mike?

Not telling, because i dont think you should get them ;)

Have fun keeping them clean ;)

2 coats of sealant so far, took them to a mates for him to fit the tyres, when i get them back, then maybe another coat of sealant. :)

Revels?

Nice to see you're trying something different ;)

Like putting a vr6 in an early golf ;)

They will look great mate. Glad you got some decent road tyres too, instead of the ditch finder on choice on this forum the Spec-2

What you putting them on?

Confuzzled over this question??

The RS2's are going on these wheels which are going on my car?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
CS, if it ain't 2118's or Turini's it's s**t. FACT.

What about F1's, and the 2 leggera's? ;)

Now now Mike, don't be like that ;) lol

ET43 mate, David Williams @ Speedline will sort you out with a deal. I still dont think you should get them :dapprove:

Oooooops i meant to say when you putting them on, lol.

Friday :)

A friend of a friend works at BMW and is fitting the tyres for me but can only do 2 at a time before he starts his shift.

Got to say, the quality of the work is spot on at BMW, the weights are pretty looking and all attached well, hidden and straight. Plus they dont have issue's with stiff sidewalls (like the 888's) since they are used to run flats :approve:

Won't be a while till I can afford mike tbh. One month after my promotion, we had a major re structure today and my job no long exists lol :( idiots

Cambelt this month, then coilovers, then wheels ;)

What about F1's, and the 2 leggera's? ;)

All totally played out.

One day, someone will grow a set of balls and pick one of dozens of good looking wheels. In the meantime we'll continue to have paint by numbers modded Mk2's with the occasional ripspeed style abortion thrown in from time to time.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Going to look great on the white 2118's! :)

Hopefully, still need to sort either them bolts or the stud conversion kit. It going to look a bit crap when i put my old bolts on :(

I like this. It's like mine but a better blue. lol.

True! :rasp:

What suspension is yours on?

Won't be a while till I can afford mike tbh. One month after my promotion, we had a major re structure today and my job no long exists lol :( idiots

Cambelt this month, then coilovers, then wheels ;)

Aghhh, gutted mate :( Presume you've still got something if your pressing ahead with it all though :)

I can understand why they dont think they need you though ;)

All totally played out.

One day, someone will grow a set of balls and pick one of dozens of good looking wheels. In the meantime we'll continue to have paint by numbers modded Mk2's with the occasional ripspeed style abortion thrown in from time to time.

Problem is, everything else looks a bit crap really. Some people on here do try different stuff from time to time, and it always looks pretty crap and chavvy :(

Reason they are popular is because they are tried and tested (all of them, not just 2118's)

Si

RS Clio 172
True! :rasp:

What suspension is yours on?

:(

Bilstein B14s :) Love them to bits. Just want the camber sorting on the front.

Thought about doing similar to you interior wise but bottling it for now :eek:

Problem is, everything else looks a bit crap really. Some people on here do try different stuff from time to time, and it always looks pretty crap and chavvy :(

Reason they are popular is because they are tried and tested.

I disagree. Just because nobody with any taste has gone a different route yet doesn't mean there are no other options out there that will look great. To suggest that's the case is naive/arrogant ;)

They're popular because people lack originality and know that they'll be accepted by the CS massive if they pick one of the 4-5 styles of rim that comes with a CS stamp of approval.

Megane 225 F1
Aren't these quite heavy wheels? Look awesome though.

I currently have my eyes on a different set of alloys.........need teh monies though :(

Yeah still got a job, just going back to my previous role :(

Oh shes coming on now, Splitter, new 3/4 plate is now on, alloy footrest lol

Yours will look the business with the White 2118's, I always regretted not getting them for my RB :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Aren't these quite heavy wheels? Look awesome though.

I currently have my eyes on a different set of alloys.........need teh monies though :(

Heavy? Yes, they weigh a freeking ton. Was very surprised!

What you after?

:(

Bilstein B14s :) Love them to bits. Just want the camber sorting on the front.

Thought about doing similar to you interior wise but bottling it for now :eek:

Go for it.

Its brilliant, nobody ever asks for a lift anymore :D
Only down side is you are a c**k 100% of them time when people see you putting a harness on :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
They're popular because people lack originality and know that they'll be accepted by the CS massive if they pick one of the 4-5 styles of rim that comes with a CS stamp of approval.

Seriously give me a f**king break.

They're popular because there an awesome wheel.

Same could be said with some of the jap wheels. If they weren't so expensive every tom dick and harry would have them, but because there 15 billion pounds for a set there seen as different.

In essence, people on here are sheep for following the trend of calling people sheep and therfore they are naive/arrogant. Just because there are a large population of non conformists on here doesn't mean they have to pass the sheep comment everytime someone makes the decision to buy these wheels.

Not a dig at you btw, just my opinion based on an observation.

Nice motor Mike.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Same could be said with some of the jap wheels. If they weren't so expensive every tom dick and harry would have them, but because there 15 billion pounds for a set there seen as different.

In essence, people on here are sheep for following the trend of calling people sheep and therfore they are naive/arrogant. Just because there are a large population of non conformists on here doesn't mean they have to pass the sheep comment everytime someone makes the decision to buy these wheels.

Nice motor Mike.

FLOL

He's a c*nt, deal with it.

Megane 225 F1
Team dynamic Pro Race 3s....but there is another set that will remain a secret until I have the monies to buy wheels.

Nice motor Mike.

Who mentioned Jap wheels? You go jumping to conclusions sweetheart. Bottom line is there are a s**tload of cars on here rocking a very small selection of rims, irrespective of price or land of origin. You could try and suggest otherwise but you'd be wrong.

People are every bit as entitled to say sheep or otherwise as those who give an "e" pat on the back for yet another Turini or 2118 pic posted up. It's a discussion forum not the 3rd Reich so we all get a say. ;)

Fair play to Mike. for not getting all bent out of shape about it though :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Who mentioned Jap wheels? You go jumping to conclusions sweetheart. Bottom line is there are a s**tload of cars on here rocking a very small selection of rims, irrespective of price or land of origin. You could try and suggest otherwise but you'd be wrong.

People are every bit as entitled to say sheep or otherwise as those who give an "e" pat on the back for yet another Turini or 2118 pic posted up. It's a discussion forum not the 3rd Reich so we all get a say. ;)

Fair play to Mike. for not getting all bent out of shape about it though :)

It's getting late and I cba - Besides getting into a kerluffal about wheels is a bit pathetic. So Simon - we will agree to disagree. :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted them today, cars still filthy but you cant see it in these pics.

5433252067_f384c6235c_z.jpg

5433863034_de417c27a1_z.jpg

Oh, the splitter finally went too :(

5433863986_b9530539c3_z.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lol, i'm not powder coating brand new wheels. Lets wait for them to get rough looking before we go painting stuff stupid colours ;)

Always plans Paul, always. Might paint the bullets, change the rs badge for the new one, got a splitter to fit, spoiler needs a respray, exhaust needs straightening, hopefully new suspension. Just excited about getting to Cadwell in april first though :)