ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue 182 Cup Project - chris13

Racing Blue 182 Cup
As I am planning to do a fair amount of work on my new Cup I thought i would start a project thread. I have been reading many of the 182 ones on the site and have found them to be very helpful and informative. Also, I have seen many of the jobs people do to their cars and it has given me the confidence to try a few myself.

photostream

Last edited:
  Racing Blue 182 Cup
Lets try again......new to all of this upldoading and was trying to delete and start again and could not do it. My edit crashed so lost loads!!

DSC01223_zpsceecc7bf.jpg

Anyway....I purchased the car two weeks ago and am really happy with it. It has a number of things i want to do after seeing so much inspiration on here. So far I have done the following:

*Fitted Sony IPOD headunit and patch lead (Ipod is hidden in head unit so no wires out the front)
*Fitted intermitent wiper stalk (my old cup drove me mad)
*Fitted Polyflex universal exhaust mounts
*Fitted mist washer jets
*Repaired washer jet issue (using excellent thread on here-now have perfect function on front and rear)

DSC01218_zps9aa78b6c.jpg

Jobs to be done over next week or so once parts have all arrived:

*Change oil and filter (Fuchs Titan Pro 5w-40 Ester Synthetic)
*Change coolant (Renault Type D)
*New Renault Cup Shocks
*New top Mounts
*Cooksport Springs
*4 wheel alignment on Hunter machine

After fitting the new exhaust mounts the exhaust still does not sit correctly but is mounted very securely, unlike with the awful Renault ones that were perished. A friend of mine is going to heat up the hangers and try to sort them on his ramps

DSC01232_zps8f7a1794.jpg

DSC01230_zps79b29242.jpg

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Now have a perfectly aligned Miltek;)

Shocks and top mounts ordered from Renault and Cooksport springs will be ordered after new year

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Thanks. It looks even better clean. When we get a good day I am going to give it a thorough clean and put some better pics up.

182FF
Looks good, I like the exhaust mount solution. The ones on mine at the moment are just filled solid with some plasticcy gunk (wasn't me!).

Where about did you get those inserts from? I can't seem to find anything online...

Racing Blue 182 Cup
I found the details on here.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ified-exhaust-mounts&highlight=exhaust+mounts

Ordered 2 x EXH 008 Powerflex mounts off Fleabay for £12 inc postage ;)

Bit tricky to get it sitting dead centre but I got there in the end with some modifying of the 3x holes in the bracket to allow left/right movement as well as foreward/backward. Putting the holes dead centre did not work for me but many said it dod so take your time and it will do the job.

Racing Blue 182 Cup
I had read that the Miltek systems did not always sit dead centre and mine was well off. It was just a case of trial and error. I fitted the powerflex mounts as per the guide on here. I had to modify the mounts to allow some movement side to side and i adjusted the brace strap between the two back boxes and put a couple of washers in there to get both sides sitting correctly. When it warms up it still makes contact with the bumper on tickover so i need to drop the tailpipes by a couple of mm. I will just add a couple of washers to do this i think.

Clio 182 Titanium
Good job with the exhaust, the RS192 exhaust on mine sits all wrong so I'm going to have a go next week. Keep up the good work!

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Quick update........

*Changed oil with Fuchs Titan S 5w-40 and new Renault Oil Filter
*Changed air filter to Pipercross panel filter
*Replaced front and rear shock absorbers, top mounts and fitted modified top mount nut (no knocking/squeeking at all)
*Fitted Cooksport springs

I have done all of the work with a little help here and there. The guides on CS have been invaluable (big thanks to all who give their time and advice so freely, very helpful!!!)

Before fitting Suspension:

DSC01239_zps4a10f420.jpg

After fitting Suspension (car needs to settle a little)

DSC01246_zpsd4b5e353.jpg

Also, a picture of how the exhaust sits now. (Also put some black door draught exluder foam strip on parcel shelf mounting plastics to stop vibration)

DSC01243_zpsdf37851e.jpg

tommorrow I will be doing a good clean after 2 weeks of constant work. Can start to enjoy driving it now.

After a couple of very steady runs around the block to test everything and check over all the new parts I went for a slightly more brisk run out. The ride is transformed and feels so surefooted, compliant and fresh, just like I remember my new Cup felt all those years ago.

Big thanks to Josh at Cooksport and Adam at Autoworld for all their help :star:

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Will take some pics after a good drive out tomorrow. I was not really after a super low look but a good ride and improved handling. May as well try to improve the cars best feature

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Just gave the car a quick wash. The suspension is great. Car is still compliant for day to day use but the ride height looks good now, being not too low and the composure over bumpy roads is excellent.

Jobs for the next few months:

* Tracking and Eibach camber bolts fitted
* Retrim steering wheel in leather
* Engine bay clean
* New gear knob cover

20130113_150457_zps32256e1a.jpg

20130113_150526_zpsc020ef80.jpg

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Meguiars tyre shine. Pretty good stuff, an old bottle in the garage. Made an effort for the picture ;)

Splitter was on car when i purchased it so not sure if its KTEC. I like it though. Fairly subtle as i want to keep it really

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Over the tired standard stuff then yes, its night and day difference. The main thing i have noticed is the ride quality. The banging and crashing from the worn parts has gone. The ride is taught and firm, but well damped and compliant on the road. As a road car it works just right for me. I went out for a 40-50 mile B road run to see how it all felt a couple of weeks ago and it felt great. Turn in felt a bit more direct. The tracking has now been done too which has stoped it pulling and tugging over every poor road surface so i look forward to some better weather to push it a bit harder. I cant compare to other springs on the market, however i did seek advice on here before purchasing them, but the Cooksports are excellent value and quality. So far so good :approve: