ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race vs Tipo Turbo

CTR EK9 turbo

An off the lights job this one - wow, it was quick! we were evens maybe him getting about third a car in front of me with his better start, but oh dear it was quick! is there such a thing as a Fiat Tipo Turbo? because this was a Fiat Tipo with a turbo! and it was VERY quick! anyway, onto the dual carriage way we went and he was very hard to keep with, especially when i missed third gear and he got a bit of a gap. Next time i race him il do a launch! hmmmm.......

watchout guildford racers, that ones a quickun!

Probably had the Uno or Punto Turbo engine in it. If its the Punto, then its 130-6bhp (depending on version) and a whopping 18.8psi (at overboost) turbo. Tipos might be bricks but Id imagine they arent very heavy??

mk2 172

nah, will be a 2.0 16v turbo out the coupe, would be a better match for your 172. there are some knockin about if it isnt somethung that came out the box with a turbo

You sure?.......the Tipo is such a flimsy piece of Italian engineering that it probably weighs the same as a pack of fags. If it had a 220bhp turbo engine in it, it would wipe the floor with a 172 and then come back for afters.

I still reckon it could be the 1.4 Turbo.

Ah yes, sorry - forgot there were 2. Just looked up the kerb weight of the Tipo - the standard 2.0 litre n/a one was about 1150/1200kg, so I guess thats what it would be with the 2.0 turbo in (roughly), so youre probably right Craggy. The 136bhp engine probably wouldnt have enough steam to carry its arse around!! Mind you, the standard 1400 Tipo was 990kg, so with the Punto engine, it would have Punto like performance, which could give a 172 a run for its money if it caught it off guard (i.e. turbo kick while the 172 is building up to the hot area of the rev range), which it sounds like Simon was. I should know, I used to own one and now I have a 172 ;)

The Tipo 16v had a 150bhp 2.0 NA engine in it and weighed about 1200kg. The book 0-60 was 7.9 secs (short gearing??) and top speed was 120mph. My mate has one and its a real street sleeper. Its definitely no 172 beater, but like most real hot hatches, will give you a hard time if you fluff up.

CTR EK9 turbo

I heard info from on the street that hes slotted the 2.0 litre coupe turbo 16v engine in there. It was definately turbo-charged as it was going bab bab bab brrrrrraaaaab tssssh (flame) etc.

Very evenly matched but he edged ahead only slightly but i clawed back because i had longer gearing, basically if one of us was to muck up a gear change the other would win easily. Looks standard on the outside though! definate street sleeper....

LOL, nice race last night Simon ;) It was me if you havent guessed :D Yes its a turbo tipo, ive taken the engine from a coupe 16vt put it into the tipo. Its fairly standard apart from the filter and exhaust i have on it. Hats off to you anyway was a close race and even gave me and my friend a bit of a shock when you were still next to me! See ya around and if i do see you at the lights, im not gonna bother ;) Cheers

CTR EK9 turbo

Hey! hows it goin? your car certainly was a quickun. Do you know how much power its putting out? and have you taken it to any 1/4 mile strips (apart from the ladymead lights!! hehe). Loved the flames it was spitting, looked/sounded really cool. Have you raced that 2-tone skyline gts (single turbo)? its nothing special really..... ;) i think youd make a mess of it.

I think ive seen you down there a few times. You may have noticed i stood on the brakes before the fire station - not sure whether youd seen the coppers parked there?

mucho respect to your car tho dude- very impressed!

i had it RRd back in feb at 170bhp and 201lbs, the lack of low bhp, was down to using an old exhaust which was too restrictive, since then ive had it changed so should be back up to the 200bhp mark. I was at santa pod last weekend (7th) and the best time i got was a 14.25 @ 101.27mph.

Didnt realise i was spitting flames, but now i know makes me :cool:i noticed your slowed right down as i went into 4th, didnt think any coppers were there as they sit on the left and i couldnt see any, i hope there werent any there else its gonna be a fine for me :(

CTR EK9 turbo

....but after we passed the place where they were parked (fire station), they werent there - so you were ok. I was just being paranoid and braking as I thought that they might still have been there, but they werent!

Have you been fined in guild before? ive been pulled once for being enthusiastic around a roundabout near the spectrum (apparently he caught me on cam,but he wouldnt show me - hehe i wanted to see the drifting action!)

Those are some impressive stats mate! yeah she was spittin flames on your gear changes, looked really nice.

CTR EK9 turbo

uno turbos are pretty light weight id have thought. A friend of a friend of mines got a highly tuned one and that was quite brisk - bright yellow tho!!! sunglasses central

CTR EK9 turbo

Hehe. Isnt there another one going around? but naturally aspirated and a girl driving it, or have i dreamt that?

CTR EK9 turbo

A ha! that one shifts quite well too ive noticed. Have you seen the fiat coupe that used to toast about? 20valve turbo in a kinda dark purple/blue colour - really nice.

Makes a pleasant change reading another forum where they dont try to make out that they will kill "another" car. They seem to have their feet on the ground over there. I do like Fiat 20VT Coupes though!

CTR EK9 turbo

Yeah, after reading their forum, and this guys comments they seem like a good bunch of dudes.

Im quite chuffed I did ok against a 14.2 qtm car tho! :)

CTR EK9 turbo

Oh right! hehe. Do you have an adjustable boost controller or something to that effect? saw the vid of you toasting the CTR, nice work!

No worries Simon. Ive been looking at the 20vt Coupe and with some mods. can get these to 280 bhp and more. have seen a 340 bhp one that does 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds !

I really like these cars....

september i think think 18s not sure though huge brembos and some LSD, racing seats should be good if they sort out any traction or torque steering probs

no boost controller, just a bleed valve running 1 bar, which is what the car does normally, but loses out at higher revs, so the bleed gives it a solid 1 bar through the gears