ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26R vs FRS (vid)

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Taken from a local forum.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3Fe-QTiooA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3Fe-QTiooA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Had a passenger ride in the Megane when the guy first got it. The amount of grip was unreal.

Enjoy.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Re: R26R vs FCS (vid)

WTH is that noise, I assume its the Blower but it doesnt sound particularly healthy lol..

Good vid.

B

Brown.

Amazing sound !!! am sure with a bit of slip streaming he would have had i ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
oh my god that noise lol! sounds like a vacume cleaner lol!

that rx7 if its the one i think it is shouldnt even be on track its a wangan top speed car lol, i wouldnt take it on track lol!

and since when is overtaking on corners on trackdays legal lol? thought that was a black flag offence?

Lionel Richie
oh my god that noise lol! sounds like a vacume cleaner lol!

that rx7 if its the one i think it is shouldnt even be on track its a wangan top speed car lol, i wouldnt take it on track lol!

and since when is overtaking on corners on trackdays legal lol? thought that was a black flag offence?

Its Ireland mate, none of this nanny state crap, go to a european track day and its a free for all normally

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Its Ireland mate, none of this nanny state crap, go to a european track day and its a free for all normally

ahhh that would be why then lol!

was gonna say every track i have been to or on would rip your testicles off for doing that lol! tbh most uk tracks get mad if they think 2 of you are racing lol... which to me defeats the point lol!

Good vid + driving, not too much in it on the straights was there? Wonder if the R26R had a map? Unsure about the sound though, not nearly as good as the FRS in that department.

Octavia vRS tfsi
Interesting line he took into Debtors just after passing the FRS, not sure if I'd fancy that one personally!!

The Megane sounds immense. Love the titanium exhaust.

Arctic 182 + yozza
sweet f.a in the straights! 26 had it in the corners!

im very surprised tbh, thought the frs would drive away in the straights!!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Sounds horriable.

Nice driving, I wander if the R26-R was on R888's as the FRS wasnt excactly holding him up in the corners!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
He had r88's on when I was in the car but that was the tail end of the last track day season. No idea what the FRS was on

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I think you also need to take into account driver skill. Was the FRS driver fully committed? Or just exploring the car a bit? Was he on semi slicks?

Nigel has had the megane for a good while now and done a lot of track time in it, which may be a factor here. Although it shouldnt be a problem on the straights.

On paper are they not similar power to weight?

Turn in looks great in that Megane, 2 very fast cars! Did the focus have a passenger? What other sort of vehicles would be lapping in a 1:09?

The focus had conti's on Pablo iirc and more than likely the standard brake fluid.

Any time I saw the focus it was 2 up though I didn't see it that time.

I think Gixermark can do a 1.06/7 in the wet in his blade kitcar.

From the local forum...