ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26, R27 or Trophy?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd just come back from a midnight blast when I was posting last night. Hope there not still relaying the roads near you!

Lotus Elise 111R
R26 for me if I was to go back "to the fold"!

Justin, I am confused. You bought the exige, sold it for the TVR after 6 months, then within a week you are asking this question about another Renaultsport???

Is the TVR going already? Let down after the exige? lol

dk

911 GTS Cab

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/62488/this_months_evo.html

Cough, cough!

:quiet: trophy came third in the surreal class after destroying the real world class;)

Sorry Warren :eek: i was just enjoying the 'b' roads & tracks on one of my favorite runs;)
right ok, lets go back to 2006 and ask the question shall we, or have we moved into 2008 now where the R26 is destroying the competition, would a clio trophy match a supercharged elise on track, or an RS6...........

Back in 2006, the trophy was the car to have, the 225 was not very good IMO, now the R26 is a total change of direction and is destroying the competition.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Justin needs to drive them all to decide. A lot of people, myself included, prefer the drive of the R27. It's personal preference. Track times mean nothing whatsoever to me personally heh!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Justin needs to drive them all to decide. A lot of people, myself included, prefer the drive of the R27. It's personal preference. Track times mean nothing whatsoever to me personally heh!
Agreed. An old audi s4 would destroy all the above cars, but be dull in doing so. It's about enjoyment.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
this is very true, the point of a hot hatch is to put a smile on your face, buy which ever one makes you smile the most:)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
R26 + remap + coileys.

Coils? Why?

having had a shot of one i think it would complete the package on the R26. Personal preference, but having them on the clio as the 'drivers car' i wouldnt not have them ever again.

The dci bus is different, i wont put them on that as its not the 'drivers' chariot if you get me.

Standard R26 setup is good, but can obviously be bettered

LY V6 with Recaros
I love the R26, would have to be one of those in LY :) I think they drive great and look gorgeous!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Agreed. An old audi s4 would destroy all the above cars, but be dull in doing so. It's about enjoyment.
i struggle to understand that comment tbh, when the latest RS6 (587 bhp i think) beat the megane around the track by less that half a second

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Track and road are very different environments. The point isn't the pace, it's which is more enjoyable. Calm down fella, nearly as defensive as a Trophy driver ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Track and road are very different environments. The point isn't the pace, it's which is more enjoyable. Calm down fella, nearly as defensive as a Trophy driver ;)
lol, the megane is probably more of a weapon on the road as it is on track, point to point it is quite frankly amazing, so composed and like its on rails.

All I would ask is, have you driven an R26 (an not a 5 min drive around the block)?

I loved my 182 but things move on, currently, the r26 is the best hot hatch you can buy.

I understand i'm fighting a foreign corner on a clio forum, but i find that the only people who don't rate them hasn't driven one, i have NEVER heard of anyone driving one and then not saying how good it is and wanting one.

Megane Team II F1 R26
R26 all the way, its bigger than a clio.... and a clio is for girls... cough HAHA

(that is a comment in jest for all those avid clio owners thats going to try flame me haha)

Mark 1 Clio V6
If the R26 looked more like a 197 it might be more appealing, but it is a pretty horrid prospect to look at every day.

They have not aged well to say the least. Looked fresh and funky when they first came out (I had a 225 for 6 months in 05), but often those type of cars look old after only a few months.

New Civic Type R will head in the same direction.

197 is a far more classic looking hot hatch.

Trophy looks pretty dull in comparison to both if I'm honest.
The 0.2 seconds faster that a properly run in Trophy is than a new 197 is not worth the compromise on looks or build quality (197 is leaps and bounds ahead of 182).

dk

911 GTS Cab
R26 all the way, its bigger than a clio.... and a clio is for girls... cough HAHA

(that is a comment in jest for all those avid clio owners thats going to try flame me haha)

not really much bigger than a 197 though is it...
dimensions of the car might not be but the space inside and the boot are noticeably bigger, its actually a really wide car too, a width restriction gap i used to sail through in the clio is now taken at a snails pace in the megane.

Megane Team II F1 R26

not really much bigger than a 197 though is it...

lol only marginal, but you agree on the girl comment? ;)

to be fair completely different cars for completely different people. When the megane first came out with that fat arse i hated it.... thought what fool would design such a thing not to mention a company that let it through to the production line! BUT it grew on me and in some angles I quite like it... alot but thats the only time i will admit to liking a fat arse :rasp: