ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26.R vs GT3RS

:D

The GT3RS has one of the best drivers you're ever likely to see driving it.

LOL @ ClioSport. Only on here could everybody argue over something which was made clear in the original post.

Dale driving the Megan works for Ron (who owns RSR) and is driving the Porsche

this...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This thread has been crying out for admin/mod common sense.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I would?

Actually, you are right. When I rule the country, you will not have a choice.

Really, where did that come from? I don't even have a Cup. I was just trying to justify what I think about the Meg.

Aye mate, everytime somthing about a Cup comes up your in there giving it hail mary, you need to sell that BM and buy two cups and save us the riot act :(

I jest ;)

Z4
It still wouldnt

I said it would be interesting...nothing more.

The meggy would have around 240bhp/ton, and the gt3 285bhp/ton, that's not a huge difference when all factors are considered.

A more even race would be remapped 26r vs a exige S.

a S2 mapped meg can trouble, well catch a carrera4S in gear upto about 120 after that the porka pulls away.

the GT3 RS is a different beast however, on the straights it would pull away, however the cornering capabilities of the R cannot be underestimated

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Look at the lap times of the Nordscliffe.
R26r has one entry GT3 has lots;)
7.40 or 7.30 quickest.

Nissan GTR anyone;)

Have the ring times been official for the GTR yet? Problem with ring times is the uncertainty, the GTR's had numerous rumours kicking about that the cars given to motoring jurno's were running considerably more power than what you would see if you were to go and buy one. Tyres? Running on road tyres, or R888 style track tyres or full slicks? Then there's the fact that you're talking about a 14 odd mile stretch of toll road that has numerous traffic on it most of the time and the weather/grip conditions can vary massively not only day to day but point to point on the same day due to it's lenth and location.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure the gt3 rs owners are trading them in for remapped R26r's as we speak!

MCS R56
I'm sure the gt3 rs owners are trading them in for remapped R26r's as we speak!

That would be funny.

I wonder what they (GT3 owners) think when they see a slightly track biased family (hot) hatch giving their supercar a run for it's Deutsch Mark? Must be slightly annoying.

I do hope to be able to answer that myself one day!:sleepy:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That would be funny.

I wonder what they (GT3 owners) think when they see a slightly track biased family (hot) hatch giving their supercar a run for it's Deutsch Mark? Must be slightly annoying.

I do hope to be able to answer that myself one day!:sleepy:
I give you the focus rs and clio200 vid. I'm sure the focus guy is just so annoyed his 25k car is being given a run for it's money round a track.

Vts could probably beat a bmw.

My point you're missing it.

Elise/VX220/R26
Theres a tale behind this video. Its Dale from RSR in the megane and his boss driving. The porker has (obviously) stayed in frame for the purposes of filming it. In a real racing situation the 911 would be out of sight within about 30 seconds. Even if Dale is driving the megane.

MCS R56
I give you the focus rs and clio200 vid. I'm sure the focus guy is just so annoyed his 25k car is being given a run for it's money round a track.

Vts could probably beat a bmw.

My point you're missing it.

This makes no sense.

M2 Competition
Theres a tale behind this video. Its Dale from RSR in the megane and his boss driving. The porker has (obviously) stayed in frame for the purposes of filming it. In a real racing situation the 911 would be out of sight within about 30 seconds. Even if Dale is driving the megane.

Indeed.

This has been said many times in this thread, by Jon, the op and others, yet people still dont seem to get it mate.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Simple chase round with a supercar and hot hatch.We know which would win but the porsche lets you see how good the hatch is in the bends without the porsche letting it rip on the straights....30 seconds difference a lap between these two on a proper blast.

Clio 200, R26.R
First off, thanks for the compliments. :cool:

Secondly, wow! What a lot of traffic coming off one forum - I had to join up just to see what people talking about...

Thirdly, as a dozen people have already said; the GT3RS would just clear off over the horizon on a full lap. But that wasn't the point. The 'rules' were simple for this little game... Ron was allowed to give it 100% in the corners but not on the straights. Anybody that thinks they can outdrive 'the ron' is welcome to try.

It's just a bit of fun...

If you want to see how a stock R26.R goes up against people actually trying, then check this HD video out. That's a stock R26.R, stock pads, stock 888s, etc... in the free practice before the VLN race. You'll see the Manthey GT3RSR in there... albeit somewhat briefly! ;)

20100208-gmx64r2e1n5gk55g27xidqxwef.jpg

Also I bet Ali's vid will be here somewhere too!

Clio 200, R26.R
You could always just rent ours... 4 laps including fuel and lap tickets is €499... ;)

Sorry... I can't help myself. :)

You'll love it, either way.