ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.A.C. rally photographs

Rally bus
Friday...

Drove to Pickering, had a look around scutineering... spotted LAR800P and LAR801P parked together :D

racs01.jpg

... then went of into the rain and fog of Langdale forest

racs02.jpg

Saturday...

Started at Oliver's Mount where a Lancia aimed for my toes :eek:

racs03.jpg

and then back to Langale for a 90 right which had plenty of sideways action and a nice straight for "arty" rear shots

racs04.jpg

racs04a.jpg

up to Kielder next for two stages in the dark, finishing at gone midnight. This shot is of the proper Stig ;)

racs05.jpg

Left Kielder and drove over to Ae forest north of Dumfries, got parked up at 3am ish then...

Sunday...

Three stages in Ae forest

racs06.jpg

racs07.jpg

racs08.jpg

and from Ae to service in Carlisle...

racs09.jpg

racs10.jpg

racs11.jpg

before going back into Kielder via the brilliant road across MoD land near Gilsland ready for...

Monday...

First stage very foggy

racs12.jpg

Porsche comes close to ditching it on the second run

racs13.jpg

Half a mile from the finish of the last stage and event winner Gwyndaf Evans is still throwing the car around...

racs14.jpg

A brilliant four days :D

Rally bus
look like they were taken way back too for some reason (in a good way!!)

If there's some decent scenery around I try and include it to give a sense of where the rally was held and/or the conditions... there's no point doing full frame shots all the time, they'd all look the same :S

And the night shots... I was stood approx one metre off the road for the Stig shot, you have to allow a bit of a margin for error in case he'd cut the corner - bear in mind that as the car is approaching you can see bugger all!!

The Porsche shot was well back as it's a known spot for cars going off so no apologies for standing well back for that one!

yeh i know what you mean about them all looking the same etc.

favourite out of the above is the mk1 in langdale for some reason, just gives you a sense of exactly whats going on.

Rally bus
favourite out of the above is the mk1 in langdale for some reason, just gives you a sense of exactly whats going on.

it's my favourite too I think, the wind and rain were horrendous, I couldn't see properly due to water on the camera/glasses so had to completely guess the focus point etc... quite pleased how the pic came out considering.