ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quite upset......

Status
Not open for further replies.
  2002 clio 172
for the last couple of days i`ve been wondering why the 172 felt a little slow on acceleration, had a job to pull away from a few `slow` cars on the duel carraigeway :S

bare in mind that the mrs drives it too.

to my horror this morning turns out the air con has been on and i didnt notice :mad:

i wish she wouldnt mess about with my baby lol..

2002 clio 172
am i serious? what sort of a question is that? i wouldnt of bothered posting otherwise.........

does it make a differance? now that is a silly question.:S

i said air con and NOT auto heater.............

Clio 182 cup'd
I've never noticed any difference in performance with the air con on. Its your imagination playing tricks on you.

BG 182 (full fat)
am i serious? what sort of a question is that? i wouldnt of bothered posting otherwise.........

does it make a differance? now that is a silly question.:S

i said air con and NOT auto heater.............

Sorry einstein! I know it uses more fuel having aircon on but I was unsure on how it would affect performance

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've felt cars has less "pick up" when the air con is on.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
My stereo was left turned to radio 4 and I instantly donned a tweed jacket, flat cap and string backed gloves. I then went to the best local B road and did 25mph everywhere. Bloody women

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I couldn't pull away from a Corsa in the M6 yesterday, car felt really sluggish, then I realised the damn air con was on!! :(

IIRC having air con on robs 60% of your power, can't beleive you didn't slap the missus around for leaving it on, unforgivable mistake :eek:

Aircon will generally generate losses of around 7bhp, hardly noticeable in day to day driving, unless of course you have an under performing engine, in which case, the losses will be proportionately larger. It's a well proven fact that the Mrs will reduce the performance of your car massively, but if she isn't in the car and it struggles to pull away from slower cars, there must be something else wrong with the car.

200 FF Storm Grey
You think you men have it bad, I left my bedroom light on this morning, couldn't get out the 1st lane on the way to work :dapprove:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I notice the cars drives worse with ac on, especially in town.

If your car's performance is so greatly affected by switching the AC on, I would suggest buying a better car.

Now I know why my old 1.2 was da fastist arownd - know ayr condishining!

Listerine & Poledo
I always make sure I've got some extra vinyl stripes in the boot for the summer, just in case I need to stick on an extra 30hp to offset the climate control.

Air con just kicked in y0!

Status
Not open for further replies.