ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quiet exhaust recommendations for 172 cup?

Hi guys,

Sorry - sure topics like this have been done to death, but can't find any clear or current consensus!

So, can anyone recommend a decent - most importantly quiet – SS Exhaust back box for my 172 cup? Only had the car about four months, and it's got a Powerflow back box on it which makes the car almost unbearable at a motorway cruise and the idle is lumpy as hell. Now I'm getting old(er), settling down and having kids I want something a bit more discrete ;) (think like as close to the factory original sound levels as I can). Not bothered about the potential impact on power really, just want to make the car a bit less annoying for the neighbours when I leave at 5am and for me on the motorway!

Any views on whether a K-Tec stealth system or a BTB system would do the trick?

Cheers

phase 1 flamer 172
I think standard if you want quiet, I have a btb system as I was lead to believe it was one of the quieter systems around, while its fine at sixty, seventy is obtrusive and eighty is a no no if daily commute although fine for a sunday morning blast.

172 Cup
K-tec do a two and a quarter inch 'quiet' system these days? I've got the normal stealth system and I also have no problems with sound, mines also decatted.

Depends on budget though.. I'd have a BTB if I was to get another though.