ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quicktime player help......MAC.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Upgraded to Snow Leopard a few weeks back, and Quicktime X was "doing my tits in" so I dragged it to the trash, subsequently uninstalling it.

When I want to watch movies, either via VLC or Flip4Mac my macbook is asking for Quicktime needing to be installed!!!

So I have tried to reinstall Quicktime 7 from the Apple website (don't think you can download X as a stand alone yet) and I get a warning message telling me a "newer version of Quicktime player is already installed".

My problem is that I now need Quicktime , but unable to install older or newer versions and can't! because there must be some legacy of QUicktime player X from when I tried to remove it,....aaaarrggghhhhh it is making me go Grey!!!!

Before you tell me to uninstall Snow Leopard and reinstall.......I can't because it is 200 miles away at work,and I am now home for three weeks.

many thanks

Steve

Perhaps try deleting any QT plist files in the library>preferences?

Warning. I'm only guessing, this may break your Mac.

Storm Grey 200
Pretty much what munson said.

Under places, click your home, then libary, then preferences, then delete quicktime things