ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick speaker type question

Basically I'm looking to update my dated front interior speakers to something a bit more modern.

There only 10cm in size, so the options are pretty limited BUT....I notice that I can either get a 2-way coaxial or 3-way coaxial.

What's the difference?!

Am I really going to notice a difference between the two?

Here's some I've been looking at:

2-Way:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_891561_langId_-1_categoryId_265870

3-Way:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_891541_langId_-1_categoryId_265870

Am I spending an extra tenner for something worthwhile?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
3 way has a tweeter (extra smaller speaker)

Depends where the speaker is positioned as to the effects on sound waves.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
More expensive and they have sometimes have a separate cross over and smaller speaker mounted on a pillar or top of dash.

Better sound quality.

Have you changed the heady it for the standard one. That's recommended before changing speakers.

Ps. You at Mallory park next month?

I've changed the headunit yes.

I don't really need super duper speakers to be honest, it's not the sort of car for that....and you can barely hear them anyway!

Just want to spend a little bit upgrading the super crap stock ones.

And if you mean with Burpspeed, yes I'll be there :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd get a set of components and put the tweeters on the a-pillars or somewhere similar. If they're by your knees, you won't hear them very well!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
To be honest would just get 2-ways won't be that much different between the 2.

Mainly down to taste and bugget.

Listerine & Poledo
2-way co-ax will do just fine.

If it's for the Norfolk Mustard then, well, it's not one for ICE competitions, lets face it