ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question Re KW V2 coilovers....

GP2
Just after some advice please. I am just about to but some coilovers for my 172, been looking at the KW V2's. My car is mostly stripped and it is going to be used for a little road use and track days. My question is, how low will I be able to get it on this set up? I've read the it's 50mm on the front and 25mm on the rear - on that basis it will still be like a 4x4!!

Any comments would be great, thanks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just after some advice please. I am just about to but some coilovers for my 172, been looking at the KW V2's. My car is mostly stripped and it is going to be used for a little road use and track days. My question is, how low will I be able to get it on this set up? I've read the it's 50mm on the front and 25mm on the rear - on that basis it will still be like a 4x4!!

Any comments would be great, thanks.
Have you thought about the AST's? Similar price, but coilover on the rear as well, and adjustable damping.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
I thought the AST all round coilovers were £1200? Are there different types/specs? road/track etc?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
AST's are £1200 including VAT and fitting/setup. It's fitting etc that works out expensive.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Can't do anything till next week, Curtis at powerstation is off for a week. There's no info on the website.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Regarding the initial question, it seems to be more difficult to go that low at the rear (the ASTs and yozza Bilsteins probably get around this?) I'd imagine the adjustment at the front will be plenty.

If you're getting them to improve handling for trackdays I wouldnt worry about the limited height adjustment. It'll go lower than standard and will be less "4x4" than a Trophy anyway ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
"Similar" price as in double?! lol
AST's are £800 plus VAT, KW V2 are £850 from yozzasport. Now, I'm not a maths genius but.............
Just realised how arsy that post comes across, apologies! Actually just managed to get through to Curtis at Powerstation, I'm booked in next thursday to have mine fitted, happy days!

GP2
Speaking to Yoz, he said that I was best with either the Bilsteins or the KWs. I do about 3k a year on the road and looking at about 10 track days a years, hopefully more though. So it needs to be ok on the road and good on track.

If I'm honest, I prefer the low look - not sure which is better tbh.