ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question on fuel consumption of phase 1's

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
I sold my 182 about 3 month back. Since then been fartin around in my bora auto but im living at fuel stations with this car. Im thinkin of blowin a couple of grand on a phase 1 172 but wondering if ill get the excellent fuel economy as i did in the 182? Also i was only thinkin of spendin a couple of grand max but will this get me a semi decent phase 1??

172 Cup
2k to 2.5k should get u a decent phase 1, and my fuel economy in my 172 cup is ALOT better than my 182 ever was!! Im getting 35-36 mpg for urban driving and around 350 miles a tank after spirited driving!

Clio 172, Clio 200
For a PH1 172 your looking at:

<£2000 - 90K mileage, fair condition

around £3000 - 60-70K mileage, good condition

There are often good deals on forums and Pistonheads though...but £2k Max budget it tight.

Unfortunately can't shed any light on the actual fuel consumption, I have never owned a PH1 172 :)

320d
My trip computer will read 44-45mpg if you cruise at 70mph on the motorway. I've done this several times.

Around town looking at 33-36mpg depending on traffic/length of journeys etc.

On a decent run including having a bit of fun arund 38mpg is perfectly achievable.

Ph1
Average mixed driving you should be getting mid 30's to low 40's.

Anyone who's skirting about high 20's low 30's is either doing constant heavy city traffic, has a problem with the lambda or ragging the balls off it everywhere they go.

Nothing at the mo :(
i get 30mpg in mine.. but it does take 25 mins to do a 7mile journey in the morning and back agin in the evening ><

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
These are the ave economies I got from all my clio's
172 ph2 35
182 32
172 ph1 32

clio mk2 ph1 172
My trip computer will read 44-45mpg if you cruise at 70mph on the motorway. I've done this several times.

Around town looking at 33-36mpg depending on traffic/length of journeys etc.

On a decent run including having a bit of fun arund 38mpg is perfectly achievable.

this pretty much sums mine up apart from at 70mph i get around 39-40mpg