ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick question on a 182.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I thought the cups had 5 airbags ?

2 side , 2 front and 1 driving :rasp:

renault clio 182 cup
gazcaddy said:
The 182 list price was £14,700 (plus £225 for cup sus and £170 for cup spolier) total = £15,095

The 182cup list price was £13,800 which included both the cup packs, so there is a £1295 price difference.

Extra equipment on the full fat 182 is:

Climate control instead of AC
Half leather seats
Better Stereo (40w as opposed to 22w)
Xenon headlights with head lamp wash
Automatic lights
Rain sensor wipers
And a few other things such as 60:40 rear seat split, lateral airbags and rear headrest

So which one to get depends on whether you think the list of kit above is worth the £1295 price difference. I think it is more than worth it but others will disagree

you say the difference is only £1295 but i only paid 11500 for my brand new cup,i bet you paid more than £1295 more for your ff...

Last edited:
  FF Arctic Blue 182
I paid £12,800 for my FF with both cup packs, and I know for a fact some people got theirs even cheaper!

black gold 182
the pics of the different 182s has got me a bit a bit worried,cos i got a ff182 with all cup packs,but ive got no splitter on the front bumper,it was new last summer i bought it,any ideas or have my dealers been cack again.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If you've got both cup packs , it should have the stiffer , slightly lower suspension , anthracite wheels , cup spoiler and cup splitter .The splitters are fitted at the dealers . Looks like somebody forgot to fit yours :eek:

RenaultSport clio 18
MRBILLYUK said:
If you've got both cup packs , it should have the stiffer , slightly lower suspension , anthracite wheels , cup spoiler and cup splitter .The splitters are fitted at the dealers . Looks like somebody forgot to fit yours :eek:

or robbed it

RenaultSport clio 182
From the car specs link on this site the weight difference is 14kg. Thats nothing. You could save that amount of weight by running the car with less fuel in its tanks.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Agree with what Roy Munson has said!

And everyone knows that Cup drivers are the most hardcore ;)

Focus ST
cosworth said:
From the car specs link on this site the weight difference is 14kg. Thats nothing. You could save that amount of weight by running the car with less fuel in its tanks.

Or you could lose the Lego wheels and fit a set of Pro Race's to your FF182, making your car about the same weight as a Cup whilst retaining the added luxuries!!

<<<<<<

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
^^ True but the luxuries aren't all that great I reckon. To be honest who cares about a few extra kilo's, a car is a car!

I think this thread has gone a bit off topic, sorry!

Focus ST
Yeah, I use the word 'luxuries' very loosely, as the Clio could never be described as a 'luxury' car - particularly with the infuriating dash squeak mine has developed in the last couple of weeks! I must admit though, I do love having xenons, c/c, leather/alcantara, better stereo. I could do without, but it just makes the 182 a nicer place to be IMO. (The rain sensitive wipers are rubbish though).

I think it's still on topic - dicussing merits/shortfalls of different versions of 182.

I think anyone concerned with power/weight ratio would be interested in the weight of their car.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Lucas - I know what you mean about the Xenons, they are great and worth having thats for sure. As for the stereo I think most people would upgrade theirs anyway (if they have a Cup) and most people don't mind the seats. I came from a 1.1i saxo so to me its perfect :)

Black/Gold 182
Black Gold 182 said:
the pics of the different 182s has got me a bit a bit worried,cos i got a ff182 with all cup packs,but ive got no splitter on the front bumper,it was new last summer i bought it,any ideas or have my dealers been cack again.

Have you got the cup rear spoiler? It might be you have just the cup suspension and not the cup spoilers. That's what I ordered with mine, as I was worried about catching the front splitter on speed bumps on the way in to my golf club.

I think with a FF182 you can more choice of colours too (wasn't the cup only blue or orange)?

182 + Cup
^^^^^
Mine is the same, doesn't have spoiler pack. But both spoilers can be added later if required.

Personally I prefer the FF rear spoiler in looks. Neither have any actual affect on performance / handling. I do like the look of the front one though and I'm thinking about buying one. Apparently there's a carbon one available for about £100 (Ouch!) No idea what the normal one would be on it's own. Ebay???

Black/Gold 182
According to the renault leaflet the cup has a slightly higher coefficient of drag (I think it was Cd=0.35 for Cup vs Cd=0.34 for FF). Therefore the FF would be slightly faster in a straight line

**ducks**

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lucas said:
Or you could lose the Lego wheels and fit a set of Pro Race's to your FF182, making your car about the same weight as a Cup whilst retaining the added luxuries!!

<<<<<<

and do the above to the cup, and the cup will be lighter still lol ;)

and even quicker :rasp:

black gold 182
JBarber said:
Have you got the cup rear spoiler? It might be you have just the cup suspension and not the cup spoilers. That's what I ordered with mine, as I was worried about catching the front splitter on speed bumps on the way in to my golf club.

I think with a FF182 you can more choice of colours too (wasn't the cup only blue or orange)?

Well as far as i know i ordered the whole pack as ive definately got the bigger rear spoiler,i did ring renault today and they said i should have a front splitter,and that they wold be in touch again tomorrow to discuss the matter............we shall see!!!

Focus ST
gt_gaz said:
and do the above to the cup, and the cup will be lighter still lol ;)

and even quicker :rasp:

Lol, I was waiting for someone to point that one out!