ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions about Catalytic Converters

I was going to call the thread a question about cats, that would of been silly.

Anyway yeah few questions, I have a phase 1 172, I need a new cat, mine is a double barrelled twin one.
Can i put a single cat on, or does it need to be the same?
Will a phase 2 cat fit?
Now this is the stupidest question of all, I understand the double barrelled cat has two lambda sensors do two actually have to be plugged in?

A member selling one told me he was running it with one and it's fine, this confueses me... why have a connection for two if you only need one?

Thanks, for any help, as you can tell I'm a mechanical r****d.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I was going to call the thread a question about cats, that would of been silly.

Anyway yeah few questions, I have a phase 1 172, I need a new cat, mine is a double barrelled twin one.
Can i put a single cat on, or does it need to be the same? You can but its a couple of inches shorter so you'd need a new centre section!
Will a phase 2 cat fit? Yes
Now this is the stupidest question of all, I understand the double barrelled cat has two lambda sensors do two actually have to be plugged in? The second one is purely for diagnostics, most people with decats leave the second one unplugged, myself included.

A member selling one told me he was running it with one and it's fine, this confueses me... why have a connection for two if you only need one?

Thanks, for any help, as you can tell I'm a mechanical r****d.

Hope that helps