ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question for mot examiners

Laguna sport tourer
my rear offside door on my megane can neither be opened from the outside or the inside.
will this be an MOT failure?
the door is however secure.

thanks james :D

Laguna sport tourer
thats not good i've had the all the door card out etc and can't even get the door open to replace the lock :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Has the cable snapped? If so, you might get lucky and find the other end inside the housing. If not and its a genuine lock mech failure I feel for you - I had this on an '05 Megane II Classic and it wasn't funny; you'll need to get right inside the door mate and get in to the locks inners to trip it... be prepared for some surgical drilling and pratice those destruction entry techniques to.

Mick

Laguna sport tourer
Has the cable snapped? If so, you might get lucky and find the other end inside the housing. If not and its a genuine lock mech failure I feel for you - I had this on an '05 Megane II Classic and it wasn't funny; you'll need to get right inside the door mate and get in to the locks inners to trip it... be prepared for some surgical drilling and pratice those destruction entry techniques to.

Mick
yeah its defo inside the lock that has failed, i've just spent 3 hours and now have many cuts down my arms trying to manually get it to release.
was thinking next step mini grinder or battery drill.
not to bothered if it wasn't gonna fail mot but as it seems like an mot failure i've gotta get it done :(