ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

QD spray

Plodwyn

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
From reading some of your threads have noticed some of you use QD spray when drying. Can u shed some light on this tecnique and what products do u use and recommend?

106 GTi
Quick Detailing spray was origionally designed to remove light dust - But as you have read it can be used in the drying process though to help reduce marring/scratches during drying.

If you are using a Microfiber towel to dry the car. Spritz a couple of sprays of the QD on the panle before drying it.

I dont use any sort of towels to dry the 182 at all now when doing a conventional bucket wash, but when I did, I used Sonus Der Wunder or Micropak Ultra Soft Drying towels with Meguiars Last Touch Quick Detailer cut 50/50 with water to make it go further.

Plodwyn

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Thanks Rich thought it was that turtle wax wet'n wax stuff! excellent advice as usual and now use microfibre waffle by sonus which is so much better than chamois thanks to reading your replies

106 GTi
There wax as you dry products to use on the wet car as you dry to. But these dont have quite the same effect as using a QD in drying.

I must admit I use the Prima Hydro or Aquawax Wax as you dry products on my daily drive as it is silver and that makes it look as good as it did even when I had spent hours polishing it in the same way as the Black 182.

did I not read somewhere that you can make your ouwn with Autoglym wash and water mixed??

or was that just for claying?

I cant remember!!

106 GTi
did I not read somewhere that you can make your ouwn with Autoglym wash and water mixed??

or was that just for claying?

I cant remember!!

I use a product called Autoglym Autogloss Rinse to help the rinse process.

I use shampoo and water mixed together as a Clay lube too.