ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

QD/Finishing spray to replace Z8

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Well i'm finally coming to the end of my bottle of Zaino Z8 and always was and still am amazed by the finish it gives :D

I would happily buy another botle but are there any new products on the market that offer the same results with the same ease of applications ??

Would anyone have anything to recommend ??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've got to be honest and say no. I believe Z6/Z8 are the best in their respective sectors still after all these years.

If you want more protection/durability there are others. If you want looks stick with Z8. The likes of Red Mist etc can't hold a candle to Z8.

There are spray sealants like Opti-seal and Werkstat but they aren't top up products so to speak.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Aucky seems to rate the wolfs QD. ill be trying it this weekend hopefully so ill put a mini review up.

Z6 is purely a enhancement spray

Z8 is a sealant spray

Whilst both act as QD.

I love Z6 its brilliant, I also have some Demonshine mixed at 50/50 just becuase its cheap and it does the job well for a quick going over.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A carnauba spray mate. Field Glaze, Pinnacle Mist, Victoria QD is utterly superb. Z6 is also fine but with heavy carnauba waxes I like carnauba top ups. :)

What I would say is use a pure QD (Z6) between washes to start with then maybe 2 months down the line top with a carnauba one. If you don't it will alter the beading and sheeting of Glasur which is superb on it's own.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
FYI The beading on the Wolfs isn't as tight as the freshly applied Glasur (many things arent).

You can't really go wrong with Z8 though really.