ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Push button start

BMW X5

Hi people.

Am really considering fitting one of these but was just wondering if anyone could talk me thru it...specific for a new shape clio....i..e.

what cables to cut on a clio etc etc. I have read articles on doing it other cars, but would feel more comfortable if i knew that i am cutting the right cable for my car.

Thanks guys,

Dave

BMW X5

Im jus interested to know if the immobiliser plays any part. If not i jus need to know how to get to the ignition wires and which wire is which!

Volvo S60 T5

take the steering cowling down, get a volt meter out and see which wire has feed when starter motor engaged.

Fit starter switch with a live ignition wire and attach to starter switch the to the wire that has voltage when in the start position.

more hassle than its worth IMO.

BMW X5

But couldnt the same be said bout anything... 15 inch wheels do the job, its jus nice to have 17s. Bla bla bla.....

Its jus something to look cool.

Dave

Quote: Originally posted by Le_Smithier on 12 January 2005

When you really think about its a complete waste of money, as turning a key about 15-20 degrees does the job fine.
yeh but it looks cool and you can pretend your driving a better car;)

how does this effect steering lock, u need the key to be turned for steering lock to be dis engaged. even when i unplugged my ignition barrel i had to turn the key to get steering wheel lock off, must be done mechanically not electrically.

ive got steps on how to make a push button ignition in the clio modifying guide, if you want me to scan it in say the word, i couldnt see anything bout steering lock so i couldnt answer my own question.

BMW X5

Quote: Originally posted by PsYch0 on 12 January 2005

how does this effect steering lock, u need the key to be turned for steering lock to be dis engaged. even when i unplugged my ignition barrel i had to turn the key to get steering wheel lock off, must be done mechanically not electrically.

ive got steps on how to make a push button ignition in the clio modifying guide, if you want me to scan it in say the word, i couldnt see anything bout steering lock so i couldnt answer my own question.

That would be quality if you could yea mate, would really appreciate it. Thanks boss.

the steering lock still works as normal, you still need to put your key in and turn the ignition on for a push button start anyway if its wired to the ignition (like it should be) and not a constant positive , so doing that would take the stering lock off.

Mark

Renault Laguna Sports

If you get the Richbrook starter button it comes with decent instuctions, I had one in my clio. They are handy if you ever stall your car as you dont have to turn the ignition off and back on again to start it, all you do is push the button.

or just run a wire from the starter to a button of your choice and back to the battery.........Simple and saves £. Dont know what all the fuss is about the push start as there so over priced when you can do it yourself for next to nothing.