ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure top mounts + AST Sportline I coilovers

Clio Sport
Did anyone of you were able to fix pure motorsport top mounts and AST Sportline coilovers ?

I have the top mounts on the car already and today tryed to put front AST coilovers bought from one CS member.

My front coilovers don't have any top hats and look like that: astcoilovers.jpg

What parts do I need to make it all work ?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
You'll need the flat top hat not the one in those pics, you'll need the plastic bearing that sits on top of it and then the small metal bush that sits in the plastic bearing and locates in the bottom of the bearing in your pure mounts. Lastly the machined nut to locate into the top of the top mount bearing.

Pinch bolt in the adjusters only needs nipping really lightly too, just be sure to keep the bolt lubed so it cant seize if theyre going to get road salt all over them.

Clio Sport
Actually I got these hats:
hat_zps263aa7fa.jpg

and this sleeve nuts: DSC_0081rs.jpg

The bottom sleeve rest on the top of the black hat. And that's the way I left it.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Yep imagine these will work, but the pure lower insert is machined for an oem strut. The AST shaft is slightly slimmer and the lower of the two pure inserts i have doesnt fit flush.

The flat type top hat with the plastic bearing sit flush as the AST insert is machined for the AST shaft to give proper upper and lower fitment - not just the upper insert. Unsure of the clearance but you might be able to sleeve it? :)

Both work (of sorts), but if you get any play could be worth considering either sleeving the pure lower insert or using ASTs own parts as the bearing size on both the Pure and AST mounts is the same.

Last edited: