ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Purchase issue - 57 R27 or 09 197 Lux

LY 200
I would go for the newest/best spec'd 197 you can find rather than an older R27 which is exactly what i did!

As nice as the lux probably is if it didnt have the cup chassis i would be looking at another spec'd 197 or an R27 though!

What options does that LUX have? I remember you posting a little while back and they didnt come with a hell of alot more in standard form than a run of the mill 197 did they?

Keep in mind the wheels on the Lux are going to end up shagged by the end of next winter (if they aren't already) unless you're out sealing them all the time.

Mini Cooper S
Sex on wheels!

f

Get the lux! But not for £14K!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I never really liked Nimbus but I saw a Nimbus 200 recently and it looked really good - quite suprised at my change in opinion.

LY 200
What are the wheels all about? I cant make out whether they are standards or anth cup rims? :S

From the Red Brembos it would indicate cup pack surely?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Would be the R27 for me, plus if your keeping it for 3 years white will be out of fashion and worth much less imo

Clio 1970000000
What are the wheels all about? I cant make out whether they are standards or anth cup rims? :S

From the Red Brembos it would indicate cup pack surely?

Wheels are a 'diamond finish' exclusive to the Lux. Doesn't have the cup pack IIRC. Luxury and cup don't mix :S

LY 200
^Why not? Cup packs mix with a normal FF nice enough!

Its basically a 197 with leather interiour and silly finish wheels! ;)

R27 will be going out of warranty shortly, worth checking to see if the seats have been changed already, if they haven't and your the 2nd owner I can't see Renault replacing them under warranty when the car is in its 3 rd year.

Personally I wouldnt buy either, I would save some money and get her a Twingo 133, 6 month old version with sub 10k can be had for £9.5k..
Fiat 500 Abarth may be worth a look, the residuals are far better than any Renault.

LY 200
The trouble with the 500's and the Twingos are that they area total different car! Its like comparing the Clio to the Meg or an Astra VXR, Focus ST etc!

Its a step backward in the hot hatch market imo.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
got the R27 in the end. There was a twingo in the dealership, but not for me.

Good deal from darren (dmn1989 above) so couldnt really argue with it.

Extended warranty, new tyres, new pads and its immaculate. Pretty good as I have always liked nimbus R27s.

:approve:

Clio 1970000000

Extended warranty, new tyres, new pads and its immaculate. Pretty good as I have always liked nimbus R27s.

Congrats mate. You know you are going to love it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chic the pecs!

You done good. You won't be disappointed! I got your text but I clean forgot to reply. I offer 1000 apologies. x

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Chic the pecs!

You done good. You won't be disappointed! I got your text but I clean forgot to reply. I offer 1000 apologies. x

colshe mouf - it was disappointing not to hear from you!

However, there was no flights down to bristol for a good shoeing - ;)

:lolup:

Lionel Richie

erm i thought you were skint? :S