ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puma'd fiesta mk5 zs.... Should I be worried?

Phase 2 clio 172
A friend of mine will be acquiring one soon,

ive never seen one go so I'm just wondering how a ph2 172 and a puma'd fiesta would fair up against eachother?

172 Cup
I wouldn't be so sure. I used to have a mk4 fiesta (mk5 was just a facelift of mk4) lowered on aftermarket springs and shocks, running the same size tyres you find on a 172 and it didn't corner as well as my 172 cup does on standard suspension.

But I guess there is only one way to find out which handles better for sure ;)

WRX
Well my wife's Puma on worn standard suspension and cheapy budget tyres, on some bends handles as well as my 172 on sportlines and decent rubber.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He might not be as quick but there's a good chance he'll be having more fun.

I had a mk5 lower and set up properly, nothing on the Clio ! Also as said the 1.7 puma does 60 in 9 seconds so nothing at all to worry about !

I love my fords but facts are facts , even racing puma would struggle to keep up ! They handle well and look the balls though lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I reckon 95% of Clio owners would take 9 seconds to get to sixty!

Phase 2 clio 172
I've got sportlines on mine with normal tyres

would put nicer tyres on it but I'm saving for a set of turinis

either way, clio makes a better noise :p mine does anyway bwaaaaaaAAAAAAARP

Clio > Fiesta IMO

I remember my mum owning a 1.7 Puma once, dull as dishwater, sounded the same as 1.25 Zetec Fiesta and reminded me of one (dash etc) like a pretend Fiesta Coupe.. Much like a Vauxhall Cavalier and a Calibra or something

Unless his is stripped and cammed he won't be near you.

They're good fun though, I enjoy going out in my mates rs green one.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Shame ruining a puma to put it in a fiesta, tell your mate to buy the real deal!

Is that because the RS only makes up about 5% of clio's sold or something? Or is it because the thread mentions a Ford lol.

FLOL. Nicely done.

I really don't get "oh my dayz mi m8s jus brought a nu car iz mi clio gonna be faster?" threads anyway (I apologise to the OP as I realise the spelling in this particular thread is far better than the usual)

Phase 2 clio 172
I was just asking a question, I tried search bar and nothing came up

judging by the replies I've had my car should destroy it,

havent raced another 172 so I don't know if mines good or not but it sits next to a stripped 106 gti with induction kit and 4 branch
bare in mind my car is standard except the springs

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol at destroy it. Sometimes I try and stick up for R.S. Clio owners/ownership but some make it hard.