ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling to the left

dan's cast offs.
stub axle will be bit bent, wouldn't worry about it though, just shim it up. phone nick at pms, tell him your readings and he'll sort you what you need.

monaco 172
Great thanks guys. I'll call pm tomorrow and see whatbthey suggest

Slightly relieved as I really can't be arsed to swap the beam and the shims look a piece of cake to fit.

PH2 172
Bent beam would say 75% sure after seing that tracking unless as above some plonker has put shims in upside down but i doubt it tbh
I`d give 50/50 odds playing safe if its been at QF in the last 5 years.

Last edited:
  PH2 172
Possibly I'll strip it at the weekend and see if there is any fitted.

Can a shim be fitted on top of a shim?

Ie a 1.5 degree camber shim to correct the camber and then a 1 degree toe shim to correct the toe?

Maths was never my best subject either,but I still think you need 90 minutes to correct the toe.

monaco 172
Update on this.

Had my rear end corrected with shims and allignment re done but it's still pulling to the left.

Could the front camber be also causing this? The front left had got quite a bit less negative camber than the right.

Im assuming this could be corrected by slackening the strut and seeing if I can push the top in a little bit more.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What's the measurements now?

Have you tried swapping the wheels over?
Tried matching tyres all round?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
The tracking just seems 2 far out to be renaults design the rear has been fixed via shim the fronts also out

Somthing has happened to it gotta have hope my gut is wrong

monaco 172
Well guys. I changed the tyres today and it's now perfect.

I just need to get the front left camber sorted but I think the allignment place will really think I'm taking the mick if I make another adjustment lol.

Thanks for all the help.

PH2 172

I just need to get the front left camber sorted but I think the allignment place will really think I'm taking the mick if I make another adjustment lol.

Thanks for all the help.
:smile:

PH2 172

Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• Clio geometry.pdf
    62.9 KB · Views: 77
  monaco 172
Thanks steve.

Going by that sheet my front camber is actually within tolerance? Or am I reading it wrong?

PH2 172
Thanks steve.

Going by that sheet my front camber is actually within tolerance? Or am I reading it wrong?

As you have never stated if you have PH 1 or 2 172,its difficult to comment.

Depends on if you are running shocks with slotted top bolt holes,or non adjustable with camber bolts,or just bog standard.

Did you replace all 4 tyres or just the fronts?

Tyres from different manufacturers may have the same sidewall markings,but can actually have different rolling circumferences,as a manufacturer will use one carcass,but dual mark it for economy reasons.

As an example,Metzeler had an ME33 motorcycle front tyre that were sold & marked as 120/80v16 & 110/90v16,but both measured 116mm with the same RC,when fitted to the same wheel.

If 2 different tyre manufacturers utilise a base carcass that leans to either end of the profile spectrum,problems may occur if you try to mix & match on the same axle,even if both have the same tread depth.

PH2 172
Thanks for the like Dan.
I thought it was a very coherent post considering the cans of Skol Super I`ve done tonight.