ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yup. Got to be connected to the internet.
It's effectively remote play on a PS hand held device.

Really should have made it so you can play offline, I would have got one then.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What's the difference than streaming to your phone really, especially as you can easily connect up a PS5 controller. Really weird thing to release.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I don’t have one no. I’d hold off on any Switch purchases also since a Switch 2 is rumoured to be on the horizon.

Not sure if the save thingy. Depends if the game supports cloud saves.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As the PS+ Membership has increased, I'm not sure wether to renew this year it's due to finish in the next few weeks. The PlayStation certainly makes it confusing on the payment or auto renew, one section says the next payment is due in December and another section says the total oppsite and that i need to pay / choose plan. And i 100% made sure to turn off auto renew a couple months ago

Is there any deals to be had like to get a voucher code for PS+ Essentials, as that's all my membership has been, just incase i do renew my membship

EDIT, just looked on CD KEYS and it's at £49 for 12 months, :oops:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Genuinely hyped for this...

%2F2023%2F12%2Fgrand-theft-auto-vi-gta-6-trailer-1.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've seen the current end of the year deals on the PlayStation, I'm looking for to see if there's any deals for the PS+ Membership, nothing so far, has there been any around xmas or new year? i can't remember

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
You missed it, the main deals were at Black Friday. Best bet now is to look at cd keys and places like that for deals.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
You missed it, the main deals were at Black Friday. Best bet now is to look at cd keys and places like that for deals.
yeah i sqaw those deals, can't remember what discount it was but then i didn't want to renew , but now I'm on the fence just hoping for another discount soon. Been on CD Keys and Shopto.net and there's nothing at all for PS+ Memberships discounts

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Geeks, is there any reason not to buy the digital only version?

Buying used in Germany is impossible, it’s 99.9% scammers. So I just want to buy new.

But any reason I should get one with an actual disc drive? Seems like pointless expense.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Geeks, is there any reason not to buy the digital only version?

Buying used in Germany is impossible, it’s 99.9% scammers. So I just want to buy new.

But any reason I should get one with an actual disc drive? Seems like pointless expense.
Depends how you want to buy the games. I think a lot of people still sell them on, if you’re not arsed about that then just get the digital and delete/ reinstall if you want to play again.
I don’t think the games take up that much more space than with a disk, but don’t quote me on it.

You won’t get many games on a standard console now (disk or digital) without adding another memory card (which is really easy btw).

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Depends how you want to buy the games. I think a lot of people still sell them on, if you’re not arsed about that then just get the digital and delete/ reinstall if you want to play again.
I don’t think the games take up that much more space than with a disk, but don’t quote me on it.

You won’t get many games on a standard console now (disk or digital) without adding another memory card (which is really easy btw).
Ah that’s the bit I was worried about! Thanks chap. So I can just add a memory card and I’m sorted? I really want to play tekken 8.. so I’m getting impatient!

Is there any difference between slim and normal?

I was gonna buy this but it seems well cheap? Am I missing something?

IMG_0037.png

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ah that’s the bit I was worried about! Thanks chap. So I can just add a memory card and I’m sorted? I really want to play tekken 8.. so I’m getting impatient!

Is there any difference between slim and normal?

I was gonna buy this but it seems well cheap? Am I missing something?

View attachment 1677976
The slim is the newer one. Not sure if it changed memory at all, I'd have to check in a bit against the older ones.
I think that you can add a disk drive to those if you wanted to in the future, again not 100% certain.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The slim is the newer one. Not sure if it changed memory at all, I'd have to check in a bit against the older ones.
I think that you can add a disk drive to those if you wanted to in the future, again not 100% certain.
Cheers chap. I read something about noisy fans in the small ones too?

I wish I’d managed to pick up a second hand one in London before I left. Tonnes available, far less scammers. There’s literally 100 for sale in Berlin, all scammers.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers chap. I read something about noisy fans in the small ones too?

I wish I’d managed to pick up a second hand one in London before I left. Tonnes available, far less scammers. There’s literally 100 for sale in Berlin, all scammers.
Mines not too bad but I'm not on it that much tbh.

Edit.
A quick Google suggests the slim comes with 1tb of memory instead of 850gb so you get a bit more from the off and you can add a blue ray drive to the side if you wanted to.

Smaller console with smaller fans but it doesn't effect anything from a quick read up.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I would go for the one with the drive.

Games on disc are often cheaper and you can sell them on.
This.

Especially if you're gonna be playing single player stuff and want to buy on release. Spiderman 2 was £70 iirc, and imo is a play once and sell on sort of game.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
@Rob disk drive all the way, if you own any blue rays you can watch them and as people have said, games are cheaper because you're not stuck to just buying directly from Sony.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i am going to have to buy another after mine was robbed, i will be buying the disc version, always better to have the option, as above you can often buy disc games cheaper second hand.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I bought the slim digital version and have been buying cheaper PSN credits online. Works well.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Isn’t it quite easy to use a ps5 controller with a pc now? If so, all good! Takes away the keyboard mouse bullshit
i use an Xbox controller with it, works perfectly, i am far too old for that keyboard and mouse s**t.

But yea you can use a PS5 controller as well.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Isn’t it quite easy to use a ps5 controller with a pc now? If so, all good! Takes away the keyboard mouse bullshit
Absolutely not. Xbox controller is fine but it’s a world of pain getting a PS5 controller to work reliably