ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 help please!!!!!

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Oh sh*t, right CS my ps3 has been playing up for a few weeks now and decided to try and put my HDD into my brothers console to seen if his console would work with all my saves, game data etc.

Now i think ive royally f**ked both of them as i get the same message on screen when ever i put either HDD into his console!
The screen says as follows:

the system software can not be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system.

if the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the system storage must be reformatted and you must reinstall the system software.
Connect storage media that contains update data of version 4.50 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time.
For information on how to obtain update data, refer to the SCE website for your region.

Am i totally f**cked or is there anyway to revert back to the origional states??
I have no idea, im a noob to this so before people start banging on about dont touch it yada yada! I know now!

any help greatly appreciated guys.
thanks martyn

BG Clio 182
You can't use your hard drive in another PS3 without it getting formatted and wiping anything, thats on there as far as im aware.

BG Clio 182
Sorry i meant wiping everything, i believe as soon as you put your hard drive in another PS3 it gets wiped.