ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Died!

Well sort of, i cant seem to play games on it anymore, it plays CD's and DVD's fine!

Did a little search on google, and its all complicated, having to open it up and s**t to get it fixed...

Anyone else had this problem before and got it fixed? I wouldnt mind paying someone to get it sorted, its one of the first PS3's so well out of warranty!

Anyone local can fix it for me? I'm in Ilford, but anywhere in london would be perfect.

White Sti Hatch
My mate's did the same thing then a couple days later got some yellow light n nice beeps !

Ended up needing a new one

Better than yours. C*nt.
Oh wow. Can I jump on the 'wasn't it the PS3 fanboiz slating MS reliablility' bandwagon?

Fabia VRS
ahh unlucky mate :( try look around to see if anyone comp shops will take a look at it for you

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Oh wow. Can I jump on the 'wasn't it the PS3 fanboiz slating MS reliablility' bandwagon?

But how many Xbox's you hear gettin sent back? thousands if not millions. ps3? very small number and they get replaced the next day iirc, as someone had it on here.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Give sony a ring they should fix it for free

its out of warranty, they wont touch it without giving them £150 for a refurb replacement, my first one was a couple weeks out of warranty when i got ylo and they wouldnt repair it, nazi's.

Ive already got an xbox aswell so none of the get an xbox comments! lol

Sony wouldnt do anything now that its out of warranty.

Theres a local guy advertising on gumtree that says he can fix consoles, so i'll give him a ring!

Motorbikes
its out of warranty, they wont touch it without giving them £150 for a refurb replacement, my first one was a couple weeks out of warranty when i got ylo and they wouldnt repair it, nazi's.

Jings, you could get a brand new Xbox for that.

Coupe/Defender V8
eek, they're a nightmare to take apart. Tbh I don't trust any machine with a slot loader as it's easy to get dust in there. Sony have a strick dust void warranty too which is considerate of them. Stil when comparing to the xbox failure rate you can't really whine

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
there a piece of piss to take apart, a friend of mines currently repairing 6 he bought off the bay and selling on for a nice profit, all cheap fix's aswell apparently

Nimbus Megane R26
mine did the same kinda thing and its dust getting on the blueray reader i believe. Opened up the slit(childish laugh) where the cd goes in with my credit card then blasted it with a can of compressed air. worked first time after that.

Mine just paused on loading screen with a game and wouldnt get into the ps3 main menu, so read the blueray laser thing is prone to not working when it comes into contact with dust..