ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ps3’s‘Not As Good As The Hype?’

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Without bothering to make a new thread.. what causes this? Tracking? Front left tyre edge seems to wear much quicker, which is annoying as both have plenty of tread but are about to be replaced.

Front left
View attachment 1347400

Front right
View attachment 1347401

Roundabouts and being slightly under presure?

On every car I've ever had (except my wife's for the obvious reasons) which up until the RS have all been FWD I've always worn the front left quickest and particularly the outside edge way more than on the front right.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Roundabouts and being slightly under presure?

On every car I've ever had (except my wife's for the obvious reasons) which up until the RS have all been FWD I've always worn the front left quickest and particularly the outside edge way more than on the front right.

Maybe! If you know the road, I regularly come off the M27 at the Alton junction, which is basically a complete loop at 40mph, so could well be that.

RB Clio 182
Maybe! If you know the road, I regularly come off the M27 at the Alton junction, which is basically a complete loop at 40mph, so could well be that.
Its definitely from having a joyous time round roundabouts mate, and those t1rs have really soft sidewalls which doesnt help.

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
The ps3 where never as good as the ps2, kinda gutted they’ve discontinued the super sport

Good Tyres, although i wasn’t massively blown away by them when i had them on the ST.

Got Supersport’s on my Corsa and they are in a different league, but i don’t drive at 10/10ths all the time so probably wasted a little on mine lol.

Mec 350 slk manual
I agree they are over rated, never gave me confidence when i had clios....

Pilot sport 4 is in a different league, best michelin tyre I've tried so far, just a shame you cant get them in 16'

Id go ado8r iirc if i got another clio
Costc will do ps4 I have them on my mecedes in 18

Hi, i had new michelin ps3’s fitted earlier today(first time ive had them)
But you put this picture up on Nov 13, 2017
  1. Chrome diamonds and bullets back on, so much fresher

924ec9f4-f5a1-48d0-bfdf-062f41fc0483-jpeg.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I run well scrubbed ps3's on the track car for wets, they are mega, did a day at Mallory and they were ideal in the torrential rain and about 6 degree temps.
they need some time to bed in is the point

and lol at busted running them less than a month ago ;-)

clio 172
If I am only doing a few miles and not driving 'too spiritedly would I be better with ps3 or uniroyal rainsports 3?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Order online and pay a local fitter a couple of quid. Or see if Halfords/Ats have any offers on. Blackcircles are Ats so depending on cost and if you have one local, make sense to use them.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm in Leicester, anyone recommend somewhere close to get a set?

Protyre apparently supply blackcircles, and when i had my front two fitted the other day the manager said call them before ordering next time and they'll beat it!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Black circles and pick their highest rated mobile fitter. Will never go to garages for tyres, mobile guys are more accountable, they're on your turf and in my experience take great care with what they do.

Rather than Joel the 17 year old new lad getting to be the one to seal the tyres on your nice clean alloys using a crowbar....

I've not them on the Vee, all I know is they seem noisy, lots of road noise! It's not a car for being a hero in, so I don't try that. When I got them PS4's weren't out & I'd not heard of SuperSports.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I always heard that Ps2 were good, Ps3 were crap and Ps4 were immense. Didn't know Ps3 had any hype?!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ha, well I have just provisionally bought a cheap set of wheels with these on for winter/wets so will see how they are.

PH2 172
Nothing wrong with RS3`s, just make sure you specify the XL`s.
I`m on my 3rd set now, having moved from PS3`s.

Which has the better wet grip? I found the RS3's very good new but once half worn really tailed off in the wet, that was with 15" and 18" wheels.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Pressures too as people have said above.

Had some new AD08Rs on mine the other week, and at first I was getting a bit of understeer, went and checked pressures and they were at 38psi. Put them down to factory spec and the understeer disappeared.

PH2 172
Which has the better wet grip? I found the RS3's very good new but once half worn really tailed off in the wet, that was with 15" and 18" wheels.
TBH they offer similar grip when new and wet performance will decline with wear with any tyre.
The RS3`s wear quicker as they are a softer compound and as such grip better in dry & damp conditions, although the PS3`s are better through standing water IMO.
Against this the Rainsports are significantly cheaper than the Michelins.
Neither work well below 6C.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

I hated the RS3’s when I first put them on the mx5, turn in felt off and the whole car felt nervous. Gave it a week and they were spot on once scrubbed in.