ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Providing of text message details..

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Hi all,

At work all day today so can't contact my provider until tomorrow, so thought I'd ask Cliosport in the meantime!!

I want a print out of times and dates of text messages, between my phone and another mobile number going back around 10/12 months. I appreciate I will probably have to pay for this, and I know there is a lot of message details.

Anybody had anything similar and did you get the details you wanted??

Cheers, Kev.. : )

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot and then print or have you deleted?

It would be pretty easy to go back and find the number through and itemised bill via the provider. I imagine that's child's play for those guys... if you get one that speaks English...

You can probably do it yourself on the site, hopefully you can export the bills/call history in to excel to make things easier. It'll only show messages you have sent though.

Listerine & Poledo
As PM'd.

If you cant get the message content from your phone it'll take police intervention for the networks to release them.

Listerine & Poledo
That was the was it was when I was working with the DPA section for a network only 2 years ago.

Why, cannot say, just was the way. I did question the logic for pretty much the exact reason you raised, but it's the way.

DPA has exclusions, is all I can recall from a conversation years ago that was a struggle to come to grips with at the time.

OP would do well to ask, and see what happens. Usually asking the service provider is more fruitful than asking a car forum too.

As above, what network are you on?

On O2 you can just download full, itemised bills from their website.

Listerine & Poledo
Your network can give you a list, yes.
But it wing have the content of the messages or information on messages received.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Hope this wasn't iMessage or similar though as that won't show on a bill.