ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Projector Screen Advise

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Hi,
I'm looking at putting a projector in my loft but due to the shape I have a limit of how high the screen can be mounted.
I want to get this screen but I was wondering if it's possible to not have it pulled all the way down? Obviously I want to be able to see all the white of the screen but the additional top black bar I want to stay rolled up so it doesn't go as far down to the floor.
Can this be done or will it try to roll itself back up if it isn't all the way down?
I can add a hook at the bottom so it doesn't pull back up if this is the case?

Thanks,
STRBramley

I bought a similar non tensioned screen and it did my head in, any panning pictures distort / wave badly. I scrapped it within weeks and painted a screen with white emulsion and put a black velvet border around it. Takes some time as I put a good few coats on and sanded it smooth, but it looks like a TV when in use, amazing picture. If you can't do this either get a tab tensioned screen or a permanent one stretched over a frame.

As above. Pull-downs are only suited to presentations. If you intend to use the projector for home cinema and/or gaming, fixed is the way to go.