ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 'What was I thinking?' - Celica ST 182 Content

Mini Cooper S sport
Amazing job on the paintwork!

Nice to see a car getting some TLC :)

If only all owners were as dedicated.

Monaco 172
Nice work Lukas :star: Cant believe you got the pinkness out of the paint! keep it up!

Thanks buddy :D Have to make sure I protect it soon with a sealant with a UV sheild in it or it will creep back, quicker than you would think as well :(

Monaco 172
Amazing job on the paintwork!

Nice to see a car getting some TLC :)

If only all owners were as dedicated.

Thanks LY :) it was mostly for the benefit of myself to be fair, the shame of having a half pink car in Scumhampton was too much to bear lol

Monaco 172
**UPDATE TIME**

Big day today in the improvement/modification of the Celica…the wheels!

I know they will not to be everyone’s favour but I think they look quite good on the Celica, kind of an OEM look to them, possibly how the car should have came out like, well that’s what I feel like anyway, I’m probably talking out my a**e though :rasp:

I have a couple of night shots of the wheels on the car as I didn’t get back from Barnsley until about 2 hours ago so it was too late but I will get a nice set of photos on a sunny day soon when I’m free from work and the car is clean as it is extremely dirty at the moment = fail :dapprove: apologies for the camera quality compact digicam ftl!

Here ya go, as always, comments and criticisms are a must :cool: keeps me on track that way!

I don’t know if you guys can pick up on it but my car looks a little like a Land Cruiser more than a Celica at the moment in regards to ride height. Springs, pads and discs are all coming up in 2 weeks.

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02341.jpg

DSC02348.jpg

Says it all really, it seems the Japanese in the 90’s were aware of the pothole situation that England suffers from so installed suspension similar to a Monster Truck!

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

DSC02340-1.jpg

Hope you guys like :)

Lukas

Monaco 172
Bloody hell that's shined up well!

Thanks with the amount of time it took, I'm glad it did! Loving the 200 btw :)

doubled the value IMO, good effort

If I do get bored/find another project, may put it up for sale so hope to at least fetch 1000 for it, probably being optimistic but we shall see.

Thanks for all the kind words guys :) I do have a favour to ask, is there any chance someone could botch a PS together of my car sitting lower on it's new wheels please? I really need to teach myself how to use PS :(

Lukas

Monaco 172
Sorry guys, pics will be back up on the 18th, the same day I will get my new springs :) so expect more pics :D

Monaco 172
UPDATE TIME :)

Ok well i decided to go for the exhaust next instead of springs as it was blowing like a b***h so i went on a trip to cardiff and got myself custom made 3.5inch catback system made by charlie which i think suits it perfectly as the jdm bean can won't sit right down to the design of the car. I opted for a mid sport sound but it is a tad too quiet so am going to get the centre silencer removed to give the twin cam lump some justice :) i will put some pics up soon :) it does need to be raised up about half an inch mind you so i will try and sort that out :)

The paint is showing signs of fade again ever so slightly so wax is not suitable, seems i need a UV protection sealant :)

Thanks,

Lukas

Monaco 172
As promised, here are a few pictures, they are definately not very good lol, I will get some more as soon as I can.

44313e02-c161-4914-b51f-2828e7378b55.jpg

5b777ee3-0f65-4fd3-b855-f52b828340bf.jpg

4dcb38c1-03d2-4c89-8a20-e4711559443f.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

Let me know what you guys think :) I will try and grab some better ones tommorrow!

Lukas

Im really impressed with how far a little TLC Has gone with this car. That PC did a great job on the car and the rims have set it off great as well. Cant wait to see whats instore next :)

Keep the good work up

Monaco 172
Im really impressed with how far a little TLC Has gone with this car. That PC did a great job on the car and the rims have set it off great as well. Cant wait to see whats instore next :)

Keep the good work up

I'm pretty annyoed that the paint is beginning to fade again now :( I used a bit of SRP by hand and it seemed to bring the shine back so just need to wait a month to get some UV protective sealant to stop it coming back.

Next is another hard PC session, also a decat pipe and lowering springs, all to come in October. If funds permit, I may look into getting the wing and bumper done as well.

Thanks for the comments :)

Monaco 172
Here's a couple more piccies of how the Celica is getting on, not epic but a lot better than before :)

DSCF2001.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF2008.jpg

DSCF2009.jpg

DSCF2010.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2016.jpg

DSCF2014.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

As I said, the exhaust does need readjusting so it sits a little higher up so I will get that sorted in a few weeks.

The Shopping List for the next month includes:

- Decat fitted by Longlife, along with exhaust readjustment.
- Spax/Apex Lowering Springs to be fitted by me.
- Replacement driver's mirror.
- Shorter wheel nuts.
- Meguiar's #80/#83 and Sonus SFX-4 Paint Sealant plus 3M Polishing Pads.

In the following months I will get the wing and bumper resprayed along with the whole car being re-laquered, however that is dependent upon cost as I'm saving for travelling still :)

Hope you guys like,

Lukas

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice man, get some videos up of the exhaust. I'm liking the list of plans too.

Monaco 172
Cheers mate, I will get a decent vid up when I have my de-cat fitted :) At the moment it's a little boomy and not really raspy enough, shame I didn't get an earlier version of the car as pre-August 1992 cars can roll with de-cats :p

Thanks for the nice words :)

Monaco 172
numberplates!

Lol I know I know, I need to add that to the list, was going to get JDM style plates anyway :)

OCTOBER LIST:

- Driver's Mirror.
- Numberplates.
- I4Detailing Products.
- Decat.
- Purchase springs.

Once these modifications have been done, it's just brakes and then tidying up the engine bay and paintwork and then hey presto all done :)

Lukas